Finding comfortable dance shoes at last!

I’ve been taking various dance lessons now for a few years and finding dance shoes can problematic here especially if you have some foot issues. Oh, I can find the running shoe version, which are good for practice sessions, but for dance parties, I want something more attractive. Trouble is, my days of wearing heels, are long gone and many of the shoes are for younger women who dance salsa.

So, a friend and I had a field trip to a dance store forty kilometers from where we live…and OMG!!! The selection! The choices! We spent a couple of hours trying on different styles. I ended up with two pairs of shoes–one coppery satin open toed with a low heel and the other, glittery oxfords with a low heel. And a pair of bright pink ballet flats.

Now it’s happy feet for me! Whew!

But the problem is, she’s closing her store at the end of June. Many people come in, try on the shoes, take down all the information and then buy them online. Such a shame as they are putting her out of business. I know price and/or availability can be an issue–dance shoes can be expensive and good ones can be hard to find, but if price/availability aren’t an issue, I would rather support a small business–even if it means going forty kilometers to do so.

1 Like

I’m so happy for your little dancing feet!

I work in retail so I know the need for comfortable shoes :astonished:

Such a shame that your shop is closing down due to online buyers. Here in the UK, shops are beginning to introduce a small payment to try things on (if they don’t follow through and buy the item) Obviously if the purchase happens, the charge is removed…

Happy dancing :dancer:

Hadnt heard of thar pix

1 Like

Neither had I…its mostly the higher end shops though (although others are following suit….boom boom!) . :laughing:

Seriously though, it isn’t doing them any good because people are just buying online anyway, and with free returns…well, its a struggle for the brick and mortar shops these days.

I know there was a small movement towards that here. paying to try things on… but I’m not sure what happened to it.

The shoes aren’t cheap and I realize that we also paid for her expertise and help in choosing the right shoes. She was awesome. I wouldn’t have been able to get the right shoes had I bought online.

I do get annoyed when people use the merchant’s expertise and then buy online. I know that finances can be an issue, particularly if you have a family, but I would hope there would be some consideration for the retail merchants.

1 Like

I bet you look really nice in your tu- tu dress. Ballet clothing is revealing for both men and women so you will never get me wearing ballet clothes

Lol… no tutus for me… not even a leotard… I look ridiculous in them… kind of like a sausage…