Finally in the hills!

I know - I wanted to go further but I have be gentle with the dog, since she’s getting on a bit and anxious about moving. There is a waterfall somewhere nearby, and I’m on a mission to find it! :+1: On a better day of course :smiley: I’ll take more photos as I explore.

2 Likes

Yes, well she already has enough of a burden carrying her name. Dave, for God’s sake. :roll_eyes:

You sound like me with my disused railway tunnels. :smiley:

Actually, Dave is a wonderful name for a female dog, and it makes me smile every time I think about it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was out again this morning, John wasn’t so keen and huffed and puffed all the way - at one point escaping her harness and running down the hills towards home, scaring some roe deer out of the trees in the process. :scream: Thankfully she is a well trained dog, and stopped when I yelled several times for her to WAIT! as I scampered to catch up with her.

i can see for miles
No idea what the distant mountain is, but I know its about 40 miles away. The views are pretty amazing, and I am so very grateful to have this on my my doorstep every morning.

Tomorrow is going to be lovely as well so I might get the drone charged up today and have a go with that. :airplane:

1 Like

Oh Pixie, that’s just amazing…
:astonished:
I haven’t managed to train my drone yet…
:pleading_face:

1 Like

I feel so lucky to be here in this lovely setting. What kind of drone do you have? I have a DJ Maverick 2.

Just off out on my walk Pixie, so photos will follow shortly…It’s siling it down here and the lane will be soooooooo muddy, but it has to be done…
:surfing_man:

1 Like

Tramping through mud is exhilarating I think :joy: Enjoy your walk, Foxy, and looking forward to the photos! :+1:

oh Pix how lucky you have been with your flit, that view is to die for, lucky you

1 Like

I know Mr Macy…I feel quite blessed. Such a difference from being a “townie”…although, while I enjoy the space and the quietness, it takes a bit of getting used to! :astonished:

stick at it Pix, wait till its time to get the sun lounger out, bliss

1 Like

Oh I’ll be doing that for sure! And picnics, kite flying and all the other things you can’t really do in the high street :joy:

1 Like

PixieK, that’s such awesome views. It must be lovely being out especially since the weather is slowly warming up!

1 Like

Yes! I moved at just the right time I think…can’t wait to see how the landscape changes :deciduous_tree:

2 Likes

Please post lots of pics :hugs:

1 Like

It rained all the way round my five mile route, and up to the knees in mud Pixie, but I enjoyed my dinner once I’d dried out…
The problems I’ve had choosing a drone were many. I don’t have a smartphone, and it’s so difficult finding a drone that can be operated without one, but eventually I discovered a company that produce such a drone. It’s called ‘Proflight’ and is a foldable drone that is remote control. Although it comes equipped with a camera, I would need a smartphone to receive and record the video feed. I had hoped that the drone had an SD port so I could view the video on my laptop, but it doesn’t…

Although it’s very controllable and can be hovered indoors (good for practicing using the controls) it’s use indoors is very limited, and once the weather improves I’ll go outdoors with it.
However, I fancied one that I could practice on indoors and came across this ‘Hubsen Q4’
It’s a feisty little beast with it’s own camera and built in screen. It also has a micro SD card aperture for recording video.

Ooooh!! That looks fascinating, Foxy! I’d like one of them, it’s incredibly cute! Your other one looks a bit menacing….with its lights and the way it hovers :scream: I hope you have lots of success with the tiny one though :blush:

1 Like

Did you get your furniture all straightened out yet? It’s good to see you walk your dog. That’s so nice. I’m glad you are enjoying your new place so much.

1 Like

Pixie it looks so beautiful where you are now, and you have all the spring and summer and autumn to look forward to with all the changing colours in the landscape. I look forward to seeing the photos as the year unfolds - especially drone ones! My grandson has a drone and takes some marvellous shots and videos with it.

John will love it in the hills when she gets used to it - it must all be a bit strange to her at the moment, probably more used to walking along pavements with traffic zooming past her!!

Looks as if your move has been a great success :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Well yes, Sheba, like you say, its been more pavements and traffic recently (as in covid times), so being wrenched away from all the usual haunts and smells must be harder for her, poor wee soul :frowning_face: It will take time for her to settle…its too bad dogs are difficult to explain things to! Can’t just sit them down and say “right, this is whats happening” :joy:

1 Like

Oh. Are you too embarrassed to talk to me on the forum? I suppose everyone is.
Am I really that horrible that you can’t bear to talk to me here? I didn’t realize I was that hated.