Finally in the hills!

I finally managed to convince John that there was more exciting terrain to explore than our garden (very nice though it is, its still only a garden!) The weather is a bit dreich yet, but we still enjoyed pottering around exploring.

8 Likes

There’ll be no stopping him now … :dog:

That’s quite a view … have you any idea of the height of the hill … :question:

1 Like

good on yer Pix, a good move it seems you have done, love the views, and so does the doggie

1 Like

Looks lovely @PixieKnuckles, highlight of my day today was a trip to Iceland, sadly the supermarket not the country.

1 Like

No idea of height yet, I’m trying to find out. I wasn’t really out of breath as its a slow incline up, then you have to cross a road and continue upwards (which we didn’t do as it was a first trip out). So on a fine clear day you can see for miles and miles. I’m trying to find the loop which is a two hour round walk through woods and by reservoir’s, but that will come in time :+1:

I love where I am now Mr Macy, so much space and nature. I do like the town centre for a short while and a browse round the shops, but I’m a country girl at heart :joy:

1 Like

If the hill’s got a name I’ll look it up for you … :+1:

Iceland has its benefits :joy: :icecream: I miss being able to nip to the shops for a snack though. Now I have to catch a bus for half an hour before I even see the town :frowning_face:

Do you walk much, Marver- rik?

I meet up with my sister and her Golden Retriever a couple of times a week, but no longer having a doggy I walk less than I used to. Although I live close to London I have a farm with a public right of way very close to my house.

1 Like

That sounds quite ideal…the best of both worlds I think! :+1: Retrievers are lovely dogs as well. At least you can let them off leash. I can’t do this with the tiny terror…she would be off like a shot chasing rabbits! :joy:

She’ll get used to it soon, Pixie. She’s made a start now.
Looks good. MIne would love it.

1 Like

Yes, I took a ball with me, and some treats and made it fun. She’ll be keen to go up again (I hope) :smiley:

And did John go with you? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well yes Harbal, I’m not really the kind of person to play ball in the hills by myself…:joy:

1 Like

I like the views. Which part of the country is it? I had an inkling it was north of Glasgow?

1 Like

its West of Glasgow, Besoeker…towards the coast :+1:

Ah, roughly there! For me was the Hills of Angus.

1 Like

The Hills where we lived.

It’s where I went sledging in the winter.

2 Likes

Oh that looks fabulous @Besoeker I bet the sledging was great fun! I haven’t experienced the snow yet up here, but when I do…I’m sure me and the dog will be going wheeee! :sled:

1 Like

Yes, beautiful place, idyllic almost. But then there were the winters and THAT winter of 1963…the dog loved it !

1 Like