FBI says China lab leak most likely source of Covid 19

Pretty sure most people have had the same niggling feeling…

His comments follow a Wall Street Journal report on Sunday that the US Energy Department has assessed with low confidence the pandemic resulted from an unintended lab leak in China.

Four other agencies, along with a national intelligence panel, still judge that the pandemic was likely the result of natural transmission, and two are undecided, the Journal reported.

assessed with low confidence.They don’t know in other words.

1 Like

It’s best still to wear a mask, if you have to go on the Bus.

1 Like

Or in a supermarket.

1 Like

The only people safe here are folks who can hold their breath, for long periods of time like “Pearl Divers” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It’s never been a niggle for me…Lab technician makes a statement about massively dangerous viruses being ‘manufactured’ in a lab - then dies in a hospital of the same virus. 2 + 2 = simples

Most of the post analysis stuff is really narking!

Sounds like Trumpian nonsense to me.

Pretty pointless wearing a mask now, it doesn’t stop you getting it, but hopefully, if you’re up to date with your jabs, you shouldn’t suffer too badly if you do get it

This part already gave me pause.

Why is he talking to Fox News about this? Especially with their recent credibility problems.

It is reported in other news sources though.

Then there’s this.

One organisation, not a scientifically based one, whose director was appointed by Trump, is making a sensationalized claim. The claim is that it was leaked but isn’t too careful about the specifics.

I’m reading this with more than a grain of salt, if only for the way it’s written. There may be a morsel of truth in there, but you’d have to dig to find it. There needs to be more specifics to assess this.

Nope. That’s never been a niggling feeling for me.

The FBI are singing their own tune but have not been specific about what they are basing their conclusion on - there’s plenty of scientists who think the virus jumped species naturally - and it won’t be the first virus to have done that.

1 Like

Maybe someone with Covid blew a balloon up then someone else shot it down :icon_wink:

How do you know, a report? Ok, lets say you have a mask on in your workplace, it is fitted to your face correctly and at no time do you remove it, at the end of your shift you go home where your other half is present, they also had a mask on during public interaction but, there’s were just a token effort, there was a period where it was removed to have a fag and a chat, then there was the few minutes where it was worn over the mouth only and not the nose, so within your residence, there have been two approaches, and you are susceptible to infection from the other half, and you trying all you can was done in vain.
If a particle is a certain size, and a gauze has smaller openings, how can it not be effective in blocking it, that is not the question, what is the question is the integrity of the wearers, and that is my last comment on this subject :smiley:

Hi

The FBI is on it’s own on this one.

As far as leaks from labs are concerned, the USA managed to mislay some live smallpox vaccine.

No idea if it came from a lab or not, I think probably not because virus are tricksy and natures way of dealing with overpopulation and do arise spontaneously and evolve in overcrowded situations

And also I can’t help suspecting manipulation and propaganda

Not so long a go, China were the emerging heros who were going to save our economy with post Brexit trade deals, never mind about their human rights records

And now because of Ukraine, they’re the bad guy again, the US want to put pressure on them to toe the line and all of a sudden the FBI are finger pointing again and saying “and they caused Covid”

Okay, but we do know that where germ warfare research exists, anything can slip out by mistake. Also, C-19 might not have been a mistake and maybe it was released without too much thought just to see what happened to the west.

Or holding up a bank