Favourite Book as a Kid?

What was one of your favourite books when you were a kid?

One I remember enjoying was - Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild.

Rainbow x

1 Like

Loved all Enid Blyton books-especially the ‘Famous Five’ ones…

Enid Blyton books were my favourites, I really enjoyed the stories. I have bought a few for my granddaughter to read and she enjoys them too.

deleted partial post ------ sorry

Rainbow, it’s difficult to narrow down, but if you insist: The Jungle Book, Wind in the Willows. But that’s leaving out Kim, Swallows and Åmazons, The Secret Garden, Anne of Green Gables, Little House on the Prairie series, Girl of the Limberlost … many many more!

Two of my favourite books are Shadow the Sheepdog and one called Black Bob (also about a sheepdog) but I don’t remember who wrote them.
I also agree with Dandysmom there are so many, but The Jungle Books (1 and 2), Wind in the Willows, the Kipling Just So Stories and Williamson’s Tarka the Otter are unforgetable.

Brownie Tales by Enid Blyton about Hop, Skip & Jump 3 elf like brownies (not the Girl Guide sort) lol
Read it tens upon tens of times and loved it!!

Hey Aerola! You should check out Amazon. Ther’s a real nice Black Bob collection available.

The book I remember as a kid was DH Lawrences “Lady Chatterleys lover”. Never actually read it, just unlined the “dirty bits” in a well dog eared copy to impress other kids in the playground. It did wonders to increase my “cool” in the eyes of school mates…until it got confiscated by a teacher and I got yet another beating !

Thanks Mr Mojo, I never thought to look. I seem to remember the Black Bob books were produced in a sort of comic format and so were very easy for kids to read.

I love comics, read 'em all the time! Well, except when I’m not of course!

Another Enid Blyton Fan here , although I preferrred the " Secret Seven " to the " Famous Five . "

I loved the ‘William’ books and used to think I was one of his ‘Outlaws’. Violet Elizabeth turned me off girls for a long time.

Wind in the Willows and The Famous Five. :smiley: