Fauxlanthropists

I’m a fan of this columnist. But the fact that she brilliantly and accurately invented a new word will make me smile all weekend.

1 Like

All that money and he ends up with someone who looks like she works in a red -light district…

1 Like

Looks can be deceptive, If I remember right.

Coincidentally, I’ve just been reading an article about Bill Gates, which put him in a light that I’d never seen - I’ll raise a thread about it … :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah! the stuff of gossip.

True.I’ve had to say that about myself more than once.

I might respond to the article you shared about Gates but on this thread he does not count as one of the fauxanthropists. He is a genuine philanthropist. The Gates foundation has spent billions on humanitarian aid and projects (such as finding a vaccine for malaria). Gates’ goal is to pretty much spend most of his wealth on good causes, similar to Carnegie. In comparison the likes of Bezos and his girlfriend is merely token giving (for Bezos to give a few million to a cause is token in relation to his total wealth). Bezos would sooner spend billions on his own vanity projects like his personal trip into space.

Which is why I started a separate thread … :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like