F1 - Turkey : Hamilton penalised 10 grid places!

Most on one pit stop one driver no pit stops do you think hamilton should have stayed out i thought you had to make a stop

1 Like

No. Drivers are required to use 2 different type of dry tires in the final race.

This doesn’t apply, however, if intermediate or full wet tires are being used by the driver.

Tough call, I think Hammy should have stayed out! It was the difference between 1 or 6 points for the Championship lead and the race for the Constructors Cup…

1 Like

@Caveman2 , @Minx , As l am following the race via the
forum,(can’t afford sky)! I can’t comment from wot you lot
are saying it seems there was a shower?? (I told you :grin:) !!
and Hamilton pitted for wets??
Everybody else stayed out, and it stopped raining ??
Ergo "Hammy " fourth so far??
I can’t guess what lap it is ??
Donkeyman! :+1::thinking::+1:

1 Like

Shame, yes, but Toto Wolff said that Hamiltion’s tyres were shot and his result would have worse had continued had he not changed them.

1 Like

@Donkeyman

1 Like

I feel Toto made the wrong call

Lewis didn’t want to come in to change tyres ( inters) he didn’t have to, but cars around him had changed and were faster,

Fairy 'nuff. Perhaps Hamilton might comment on that.

1 Like

Yeah, but he didn’t need to pit. He would have made it for another 8 laps in my opinion.

Well, maybe…

1 Like

I know, tough call new intermediates which you need to clear before it’s any good (minimum 4 laps) or carry on as is with now bald tires … with 8 laps remaining

@Minx ,. Thanks for the effort Minx but sky have blocked
the video :sob::sob: Never mind l will catch it tonight on delayed
transmission !!
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

1 Like

Apologies DK!

:hugs:

1 Like

Yes, I agree. My initial reaction was amazement when Lewis pitted. In retrospect, it was probably why they did what they did. Right decision?

1 Like

Wrong decision :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah well, we won’t know.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

He did radio in he wanted to stay out but was overridden so in he came. His team should have listened to him!

1 Like

Yeah, they should have listened to him

[quote=“LongDriver, post:57, topic:85726”]
He did radio in he wanted to stay out but was overridden so in he came. His team should have listened to him![/quote]

And there again he might have been overtaken by several other drivers while his tyres were totally screwed…

Yes. Tough call!

He’s got the pace! Let’s see what happens next…