F1 - Italian Grand Prix - Monza

Max Verstappen will start Sunday’s race from pole, with the McLarens behind him

Make your early predictions now! :arrow_down:

I missed the sprint race due to an appointment, I think you can’t discount lewis, but lando could have a podium, but the red bull is fast around there, but, who knows?

I’ve shared the highlights. I can’t say that I’m crazy about the sprint race format though. Although the few smash ups yielded some excitement!

I think it’s going to be an interesting race! I think we could see a surprise podium today or Verstappen may well pull another one out the hat!

Yep Minx, can’t say I’m impressed with this sprint nonsense but I suppose it gives the spectators something to watch on the Saturday… :flushed: they have paid an arm and a leg to be there…

So Bottas is being replaced with George… :frowning:
I’d have kept Bottas and let that ‘old has been’ and ‘pretender’ Hamilton go instead…
Come on Max, show hamilton how it’s done… :042:

Ricardo did a great job in qualy. I hope he does well in the race.

I guess the sprint start is more exciting for the spectators! Perhaps you’re right but I still prefer the old format!

Nonsense! He’s still got what it takes! Mercedes will soon have a full Brit driver team!
I hope George gives Hamilton a run for his money!

I hope you’re doing better each day sly old grey :fox_face:

I’ve found he starts off really well but can’t maintain the pace but he’s a great guy and I hope he gives it his best shot!

What a Cracker Jack race!!!

Verstappen and Hamilton crash! Epic!

Daniel Ricciardo!!! Well done! First victory since 2018!

Hi

What a little scumbag Verstappen is.

He did not even look if Hamilton was alive or dead, just stalked away.

1 Like

I thought the same thing Swimmy!
Such bad sportsmanship!
That’s one of my main reasons for loathing him!
Bl00dy idiot!

Update: Apparently, since Hamilton was trying to manoeuvre his car out from under Verstappen, he (Verstappen) took it as an indicator that Hamilton was ok

He did!!

1 Like

I know! I kept thinking about what I posted on here during the race!

Safe to say that was the most exciting race of the season!!!

I agree. Incidentally, Ricardo did the fastest lap of the race on the final lap. Maybe that is an indicator…

Yes! I saw that! He really let rip on that last lap to win that extra point!

Mind you, McLaren do have a Mercedes power unit ! :lol:

Update:

Max Verstappen has been handed a three-place grid penalty for the next Formula 1 race after he was found “predominantly to blame” for the crash with Lewis Hamilton at the Italian GP.

Verstappen will have to serve his penalty at the Russian GP on September 26 as stewards, following a post-race investigation, ruled that he caused the collision that ended both the championship rivals’ races.

The two drivers came together on Lap 27 of the Monza race after Verstappen, attempting to pass Hamilton around the outside of Turn 1 of the first chicane and the inside of Turn 2, hit a kerb and shunted into the Mercedes.

His Red Bull then landed on top of Hamilton, who was thankfully protected by the Halo safety device, before both cars ended beached in the gravel

Someone give that halo a Whiskey!

Thank you Minx! The right result in my opinion.

Verstappen was in a horrid mood after that horrendous pit stop! He told his engineer ”don’t talk to me unless it’s critical!” So he was major pi33ed by the time Hamilton exited the pit lane!

When the crash happened he said “That’s what you get for not leaving enough space <##^$¥+¥

In my opinion, he’s an arrogant idi0t - Hamilton could have been seriously injured!