Ever had close friends die unexpectedly?

Sad that so many people die too young.
We miss out on their friendship and they never get to experience the fulness of life.

So far, Fast Food hasn’t taken anyone out early.

It does happen and it surprised me just how many just die within an hour of feeling unwell. Some drop on the spot and never recover.

1 Like

Same here, but change men to women though.

1 Like

When thinking about the lengthy suffering some deaths cause, dropping dead suddenly is my preferred way to go.

4 Likes

Tragic it must be to lose a close friend or family member go quickly i would rather that than whats happened to my friend J . 5 weeks ago she was in good health and cared for her body , good vits , quality food etc . Went to see her for Sunday lunch treat and she felt ill , within 4 days she was in hospital and a nasty virus hit her ( i wont go into detail ) and we were expecting her to die last weekend , family waiting 24 hrs a day by her bedside we all said our quiet goodbyes . I visited today and am shocked at whats happened to her and dont think her life will ever be the same again . Ill be surprised if she goes home to live by herself . She has become a helpless old lady unable to do anything for herself. Sadly i think it will be a care home for her future . Her body is very old and weakend her mind is strong but life will never be the same for her again .

Yes id rather die quickly than see this terrible suffering thats for sure

2 Likes

Terribly sad when people deteriorate that way and linger on. :face_holding_back_tears:
I always think it is better to go than end up reliant on others for care,

3 Likes

That was too funny not to reply. Every now and then I get the urge for a good fast food French fries. I’m sure the golden arches have my number somewhere.

1 Like

I think my close friends died before I met them or, one couldn’t do close, that is a possibility!!

1 Like

I think my potential best friend died before I could say anything. The only person who ever said “what can I do to make it better”. I must say since that time I’ve met quite a few good folks so overall I’d still say I’m grateful to be alive and living my best life to honor those gone :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have lost a number of friends and an even larger number of acquaintances over the last decade or so. The saddest was my nephew who was only in his 30s with a young family when he died of skin cancer.

However isn’t it inevitable once you get into your 70s that people are going to drop off their perch around you? (As, of course, will I.)

Both my ex wives have died, the second one died just after last Christmas.

I recently attended the funeral of a lady who was 102, I knew she was in palliative care but it was still a shock when she finally passed away as I have known her for over 30 years.

If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying (Bob Dylan)

1 Like

Good morning Bruce,

My grandmother and uncle passed the last two years. In this category I am immature on. What you listed was the truth.

Giving you another point of view, in my twenties to thirties, coworkers passed away with illnesses, breast cancer, and another I don’t believe I knew. Both cases were with kids. I always thought in those cases the sadness involved in involuntarily leaving loved ones behind. I also felt extremely blessed with 2 girls.

Now I see my parents getting older to the point they are not walking well anymore.

I believe the key each day is kind of what you’re doing, live it to the best possible. I also had struggled with this since my 30s and now realizing its human not to be best :D.

Have a great evening, here’s to life.

1 Like

Having close friends who die unexpectedly is such a hard thing,
Gosh it hurts. Yes, over the years I have had several close friends
die unexpectedly. Heart attack, car accidents, all painful losses.

3 Likes

My first boyfriend who was mad about cars , always under them, and always had greasy nails lol
We stayed in touch for years ,
He passed away , under his favourite car , aged 45 …

1 Like

My uncle ronnie , (mums brother ) aged 30 , who mum and i saw jumping on a bus to go into hospital for quad heart bypass,
Mum shouts , will pop in later to see you ronnie
We never saw him alive again
I was aged 6, it was 1961…

1 Like

The best way to go LD

2 Likes

Here Also. I’m occasionally both Surprised and somewhat Ashamed. I’m still Ticking. Cruising through eight decades going with the flow.
So cruel that my Mother, who had simply become an apprentice Ladies Hairdresser pre WW2. Was mentored by a German company Introducing this in the 1940/50s >>
1950 60. Perming Machine

Known as A Devon Cold Perming Machine.
Opened three Demonstration Hairdressing salons. All by herself.
Only to, at the age of 40yo. Developed cancer. Had the most appalling, early year method operations. 180 stich mutilation!
Kept painfully alive. Bedridden with dissolved bone marrow, for another eight years.
Brave & receptive of her religion. An under statement of Biblical proportion
The phrase. “The Good die Young”. To me, is so Meaningful. Also So Abhorrent. At the same time.

3 Likes

I meant to mention that her funeral was attended by her older sister aged 104. What a life they led.

3 Likes

Many over the years. Who watched each others backs. Usually the most courageous.
Allowing one’s emotions to distract, not encouraged.
Fast Forward too the here and now.
TV progs and www.visual postings. Of “Innocent, Unknown Children”. Aware of the outcome, suffering so bravely. Poignant.
And never fails to bring a tear, to a grown mans eye.

1 Like

One special person passed in 2018. He is the only person that’s asked “what can I do to make it better”. What’s somewhat disappointing would be that he was a coworker. I still don’t practice it, but truly need to be aware of telling people my thoughts better. One never knows when they pass. In this case, I did not know he had passed till a year later.

Some times, the best friends are the ones that challenge you but would make sure you won’t be left behind…whether work, or in life.