Ever failed a roadside breath test?

Amazing you have never done a test over such a long time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Those alternate routes sometimes have police cars waiting, to nab the avoiders here in Aussie land.

police motto here is “Anywhere Anytime.”

I think the Breath Alcohol Content is roughly 2 - 3 times higher than the Blood alcohol content.

1 Like

Never been “Brothelysed” :smiley:

1 Like

Police officer once asked me to blow into this bag, when I asked why he said. “ my chips are hot” 

2 Likes

That just goes to show the problems with drinking while you expect to drive.
I’ve never been stopped because I always drive to suit the road conditions with the speed limit as the overriding factor, which is the requirements of the IAM Roadsmart of which I hold advanced membership with occasional reviews. This also gives me reduced insurance premiums :+1:

1 Like

I was at the height of my alcoholism at the time.
I am amazed I only got caught one time.

1 Like

Never failed a test or examination in my life (yet)

1 Like

never been stopped, but i dont actually drive much at night, i only once drove after boozing and mounted a pavement when turning into our estate, a lesson well learned

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: good joke there@Primus1

1 Like

I’ve an innocent face so I have never been tested.

1 Like

Never been big drinkers, but we had a system once we became drivers. We alternated the driving/drinking.

So, if I elected to drive, hubby had his one glass of wine. If he was elected to drive, I had the one glass of wine.

On our wedding day and the following anniversaries, we were chauffeured all day and left the next day for honeymoon. We took a taxi in order to enjoy the free champagne from our favourite restaurant on our anniversary.

A female colleague was breathalysed after nearly falling asleep at the wheel on way to work. Her guilty plea, the cough syrup prescribed by her doctor. She won her case, her insurance paid for damages to her car’s grill and the doctor got fined for prescribing cough syrup with alcohol and no warnings not to use while driving.

A male colleague at another job was a Royal pain the
 Regarding smokers. However, karma got him. He used to make bets that were ridiculous as he never planned to stop drinking, the alcoholic him. Lol!

His bets was the smoker had to have 12 cigarettes and then give up, while he had his customary 12 glasses of Christmas Office Party wines. This would take place morning of 24 December. Bragging that he never got caught!

He lost control on black ice after a blizzard hit out of nowhere and ended up spending Christmas and New Year in jail to sober up. :grin: Then his wife sent him on at a drying up session for a year
 He never bothered the smokers ever again!

1 Like

Never have and never will ever drink and drive. In fact I am always the designated driver from choice. Anyone convicted of drink driving should have their licence revoked for life.

1 Like

I failed a breath test by one of the women I was dating back in the day
I sucked a mint and it was business as usual
You had to be careful impressing a girl when you were a 20 a day man.
:sunglasses:

Smoker

Nearly, the Police tried a “Confidence Trick”, didn’t detract from the fact that one was in the wrong.

1 Like

Drink and drive is defined differently in different countries. I’d be in favour of zero tolerance but that is not the view of the vast majority and now this view also includes drug-taking and driving.

2 Likes

Nope, but then I don’t drink. :wink: :beers:

2 Likes

Rox, that is a shame, and its probably too late for you to start now, you missed the Bus :icon_wink:

1 Like

I just don’t even consider drinking alcohol and driving, no way would I want to kill/injury anyone through being stupid. If I do drink then Sue drives as she is teatotal even if going out for a pub lunch.

The same for drugs, I steer well clear, even when working in a police station evidence store room “for telephone extn” the police officer wanted to show me a bag of what I think is called weed , I flately refused to go anyhere near it.

While on the subject I went “cold turkey” from smoking 20 t0 30 cigarettes a day. 3 years later on no more craving for one and giving up wasn’t easy.

All three are to do with will power and determination or stubbornness if you prefer.

No No, I cut my teeth on Carlsberg Specials back in the day. :beers:
But I stopped drinking as it always made me feel ill, sooo now it’s non alcohol drinks only, besides I want to keep my licence.

2 Likes

I have never been stopped for it, nor do I drink - apart from rare social occasions and even then my wife drives me.

1 Like

My local club is two blocks away, the pub one block away, I can get as pissed as I like and walk home, if it is raining there is always the courtesy bus to pick me up and take me home.

1 Like