Ever failed a roadside breath test?

On my way home from work on Saturday a Booze Bus was set up on a road close to my place. I was waved through.
I did fail a breath test back in 1990. Lost my licence for I forget how long.

Nearly. I had the presence of mind to answer the central question correctly.

1 Like

The question was “How much you really had”.

1 Like

Never taken a breath test, I don’t drink any alcohol if I’m driving, if I do, the mrs drives

3 Likes

I don’t now but this was years ago.

1 Like

I have never been asked to take a breathalyser test.
I have never drunk alcohol if I was going to be driving before the effects of it may have worn off, either. I always err on the side of caution.

I’m a bit disappointed that I’ve never been asked to blow into that breathalyser thingy - I’d quite like to see how it works in practice.

2 Likes

I don’t drink and I drive but I do take the drunks way home and avoid the highway and the booze bus.Just to avoid the queues…

3 Likes

I’ve never been pulled over for any reason. Only once did I drive after drinking a bit, and couldn’t wait to get home. Never again…

2 Likes

I was pulled over once on a shortcut that I always used and the police was waiting there. At the time, in the late 90s, 0.5 BrAC were allowed and I had 0.32 after having had two pints the whole evening. So no problems.

Today, though, I wouldn’t know what the limit is and just checked it. Now they differentiate between breath and blood AC. BrAC is 0.2 and the BAC is 0.5 the latter only being determined by a doctor in a clinic if I’m not mistaken.

I’m amazed that 0.8 BAC are allowed in England. What is the BrAC limit? Is that the same?

1 Like

The legal alcohol limit in England, Wales and Northern Ireland for driving is 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood or 35 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath.
In Scotland the limit is 50 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood or 22 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath.

3 Likes

Amazing you have never done a test over such a long time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Those alternate routes sometimes have police cars waiting, to nab the avoiders here in Aussie land.

police motto here is “Anywhere Anytime.”

I think the Breath Alcohol Content is roughly 2 - 3 times higher than the Blood alcohol content.

1 Like

Never been “Brothelysed” :smiley:

1 Like

Police officer once asked me to blow into this bag, when I asked why he said. “ my chips are hot” …

2 Likes

That just goes to show the problems with drinking while you expect to drive.
I’ve never been stopped because I always drive to suit the road conditions with the speed limit as the overriding factor, which is the requirements of the IAM Roadsmart of which I hold advanced membership with occasional reviews. This also gives me reduced insurance premiums :+1:

1 Like

I was at the height of my alcoholism at the time.
I am amazed I only got caught one time.

1 Like

Never failed a test or examination in my life (yet)

1 Like

never been stopped, but i dont actually drive much at night, i only once drove after boozing and mounted a pavement when turning into our estate, a lesson well learned…

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: good joke there@Primus1

1 Like

I’ve an innocent face so I have never been tested.

1 Like

Never been big drinkers, but we had a system once we became drivers. We alternated the driving/drinking.

So, if I elected to drive, hubby had his one glass of wine. If he was elected to drive, I had the one glass of wine.

On our wedding day and the following anniversaries, we were chauffeured all day and left the next day for honeymoon. We took a taxi in order to enjoy the free champagne from our favourite restaurant on our anniversary.

A female colleague was breathalysed after nearly falling asleep at the wheel on way to work. Her guilty plea, the cough syrup prescribed by her doctor. She won her case, her insurance paid for damages to her car’s grill and the doctor got fined for prescribing cough syrup with alcohol and no warnings not to use while driving.

A male colleague at another job was a Royal pain the… Regarding smokers. However, karma got him. He used to make bets that were ridiculous as he never planned to stop drinking, the alcoholic him. Lol!

His bets was the smoker had to have 12 cigarettes and then give up, while he had his customary 12 glasses of Christmas Office Party wines. This would take place morning of 24 December. Bragging that he never got caught!

He lost control on black ice after a blizzard hit out of nowhere and ended up spending Christmas and New Year in jail to sober up. :grin: Then his wife sent him on at a drying up session for a year… He never bothered the smokers ever again!

1 Like