Ever experience the involuntary feeling of wanting to jump from a very high place?

Simple,i don`t do heights.

1 Like

That must have been amazing, what an experience, but I’m glad you resisted the urge to jump :scream:

We went on an amazing one in Scotland

I love being up high with a great view but I’ve never had the urge to jump, it seems to be only train tracks and trains with me :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes, although I’ve never remotely felt the urge to jump there was something quite compelling and atmospheric about The London Underground. I remember the Bakerloo line in particular. The tracks would begin to rattle before you could hear the train approaching, next you’d feel and smell the blast of stale air as the train approached the station.

I had a friend who was a driver on the underground, he’d truly dread the prospect of a one under, as did his workmates.

2 Likes

Yep, a great ride and great views, love to do it again some day… :slightly_smiling_face: The Christchurch one was great too, and twice as long as Queenstown.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve had a lot of thoughts in my life. Lucky that I haven’t acted on all of them. Wouldn’t mind some of them happening though. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Didn’t see one in Christchurch. We only had overnight stays there, beginning and end of the South Island tour, but the coach driver did take us on a drive round, showing the earthquake damage.

I’ve never minded taking cable car drives, so long as I’m fully enclosed. I adore being high up to see the views, of which Queenstown doesn’t disappoint.

3 Likes

Just looked at the website, Barry. Looks fab.

3 Likes

No I’ve never wanted to fling myself off anywhere.
Although I find the sea very hypnotic , sometimes I let the feeling of walking out into the deep wash over me.

3 Likes

I’m quite wary of heights.
Whenever I’m up high, I get the urge to back far away from the edge or to sit down on my bum - for some reason, I feel safer sitting down on a ledge than standing up!

I am drawn to Water, though.
When I’m standing at the water’s edge looking down at the sea or lake - or on a moving boat, looking at the wake of the water, I have to fight the urge to jump in.
I try to wait until the boat stops and drops anchor before I jump in for a swim!

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s an actually urge or if it’s just a feeling of tempting fate.

16 Montpelier Road?
There’s a story…or perhaps not.

1 Like

The story is?
You needed to make a quick get away and the only escape route was to jump…

I suppose that could have been it…the building has been demolished now, probably just as well.

1 Like

I’ve no problem with heights.

1 Like

Heights… nope too scary!

1 Like

I like standing on top of natural things like mountains ,then you can enjoy the view but a tower block in the middle of a city not so much.

2 Likes

I get am a might trepidatious when confronted with high places were the ground is a long way below.

Same here. I can manage but why put myself at risk?

Same here. Standing well back from the abyss is fine. I have often thought, what if this bit of rock I am standing picks this exact time to break away? Down I will tumble. :pleading_face:

1 Like

I’ve never understood people who stand on the edge of cliffs :scream:

1 Like

Usually ends up doing it in my dreams. :joy::joy::joy:

Ending up doing the scene by Angela Lansbury in Bedknobs and Broomsticks. My current broom is more protection and decorative, wouldn’t support my weight and isn’t really comfortable. I guess I’d have to get in touch with the broom makers from Harry Potter films…

1 Like

Me either. A large gust of wind, a land slip, a brain fade could see them tumble over the edge.

1 Like