Ever Bumped Into Your Spitting Image?

There are so many people, in the World, that we must all have a Doppelganger somewhere, maybe several?

Is there someone who your Friends think you look like, ot that you think you look like?

I, personally, looked at Steve McQueen, for reasons that escape me, but it didn’t fit.

Then I thought of Tommy Cooper, as all my Friends are convinced that I look 90% like him (it’s the Fez!)

But, one day, in Manchester, I saw, across the road, my absolute Double.

Has that ever happened to you?

Just for fun, this one!

:alien: :clown_face: :japanese_ogre: :ghost:

No, I’ve never met Brad Pitt :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve been told that I look like David McCallum.

2 Likes

Your picture/Avatar floored me Primus!

:hole:

I’ve only got Avatars to go on.

It’s a dog’s life?

I often get told I look like someone they know, as in I have “one of those faces” whatever that’s supposed to mean. And apparently I have a doppelganger working in a bar in Germany. :woman_shrugging: I don’t resemble anyone famous though, thank goodness :smiley:

Not really, but I did once, in my forties, come across a girl in her twenties who was the dead spit of me at that age.

My daughter is sure she has a double in our area, although she’s never met her. Many years ago, before she quit smoking, she went to the cigarette kiosk in Tesco and asked for her usual brand. The sales assistant looked at her and said “but you just bought some cigarettes, only a couple of minutes ago!”. No, she hadn’t, she told her. The girl was visibly shocked, she just could not believe it, but then remembered the earlier customer had asked for a different brand, and had been wearing a different coloured coat.

Then, a couple of years later, I was looking through photos at work of an event we’d put on, where my daughter had been involved with the catering. I showed her one of the photos of her laying out cutlery etc. She looked at it, and said “no, that can’t be me because I was wearing jeans and polo shirt”, This girl was wearing a black skirt and white tee. But she looked identical. Everyone I’ve shown this photo to thinks it’s my daughter. Even my daughter can’t tell the difference!

Maybe one day they’ll meet each other!

I have been told, sadly, that if I did meet my spitting image, I should never say “Wow! You look exactly like me” as that would be too upsetting for the Gorilla to handle!

Hmmmph!

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

No I haven’t, I have however seen my mother’s doppelganger every time I look in the mirror these days

2 Likes

I know just what you mean there, Queenie.
That happens in my mirror too. How strange. :grin:

2 Likes

You should stop reading the Mirror!

(Ignore me - I’m in a daft Mood Today!)

1 Like

I must have one somewhere as a friend once said to me, ‘you cut me dead the other day in the high street’, I explained it wasn’t me I was elsewhere.

1 Like

Hello man from Uncle!

1 Like

Who’d want a face like mine? :rofl:

2 Likes

I lost a very dear friend in October. She had a double and often I would say “hello” to her double in a town a few miles away. She looked like her, walked like her and wore the same style of clothes she liked. they were like twins!

1 Like

@Tedc, Yep sometimes when l look across at a shop window !!
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Never bumped into my spitting image, but some years ago, (maybe 15) a man on a bus said to me “hello X” (I forget the name). I said, “I’m not X”, “yeah you are” he said, me “No”, “Really, you look just like her don’t you?”. " I don’t know. I don’t know X" “Well you look just like her”

2 Likes

At School my best friend & I were often confused for each other if teachers did not look properly. It was always teachers though, never other pupils.

1 Like

I have never encountered someone personally who closely resembled me but my brother met a woman in the Czech Republic he was confused enough to see there (he knew I was home in NZ at the time) he had to go up and say something just to confirm it wasn’t me.

1 Like