Eurovision Song Contest - not what it used to be - am I just getting old and out of touch?

I didn’t watch it , haven’t done for years, but I did watch the uk song on you tube, and didn’t think much of it. I watched the results…as usual uk were last with no points…

Oh gosh did we really get no points…I feel so sorry for the chap who sang for us…he must be devastated…I would lay low for a while if I were him…maybe change my name and have some plastic surgery before venturing out :slight_smile:

To Longfellow, the ”black fella” was from Sweden. Saw the UK entry before I went to bed and not surprised at zero points -a mediocre song and performer. Two of the other big four took the places immediately above the UK. Maybe it’s time for them to start qualifying too.

A well deserved zero points. :frowning:

Only the UK got zero.

Hi

I am not surprised.

The UK is the home of some the biggest Musical Talent in the WOrld and we end up with that.

I take it Annie that Italy won the show by making the most noise.
OMG where was Cliff and Sandy when we needed them.

It was a Brexit thing. :lol::lol::lol:

Thats not to say we deserved any points anyways.:wink:

I think there was a lot of stiff competition and well produced acts, ours wasn’t, I think he didn’t sing as well as he normally does, didn’t reckon much to the Italian song although I like that type of music, the French and Swiss entries were very good,

Maybe its just time Ullabi that we pulled out of the whole thing.After all we are not Europeans anymore are we. :mini::041::023:

Congratulations and Puppet On A String are a long long way off.
I think its now on par with our international football team.
We Brits have long long memory’s. :lol:

:lol::lol: But really? Only 27 of the countries voting last night are in the EU, what about the other 12 or so that didn’t give us a single vote? What has the UK done to upset them? Do I care about this waste of TV space? Not really, it’s just another excuse for the Beeb to waste our TV tax.

Our entries are always based on the sort of music that might get into our charts whereas European music is… well let’s say less advanced, a bit old fashioned tbh ; but that’s what is needed if you really want to win Eurovision.

Personally I think we should pull out completely.

Am sure there’s a bishop and actress joke there somewhere LD;-)

Unfortunately, after watching the end of the Outlaw Josie Wales and with nothing else on, I flicked on to BBC and saw the last 10 or so minutes.

Inconceivable that the winning song actually won. Just how bad must all the other entries been?

Edit - I did find it mildly amusing that the UK got nil points, but that all announcements and indeed the thank you comment from the winners were in English.

I wonder if it’s only a matter of time before they decide to use a different language.

I don’t know how crap the UK song was compared to all the other crap songs because I don’t watch that crap.

What I am absolutely sure about is that this is not the “Eurovision Song Contest” at all. It is actually the “Who Are My Political Allies Contest”.

Perhaps we should learn from the results, especially as we haven’t come anywhere near the top for donkey’s years!

What about Brotherhood of Man and Bucks Fizz?!! :-D:-D

Am sure we’ll all be whistling the Italian song to ourselves soon. Such a catchy little tune.

I suppose these things are sent to try us.
By the way I am leaning to my Irish side on this and I was getting bored of winning it. :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for posting this, I hadn’t heard it before and I agree with you, very catchy - like measles. Time to scrap the entire spectacle.

Can’t imagine the BBC pulling out of anything European, LD!

:wink:

The sooner the better in my book.
I think it all should be in a different language every year.
That way the British public would lose interest and once that happens the Beeb will only have one choice and that would be to drop it.
Then we shall all get our wish.