Eurovision 2022

I give up on music these days. :frowning_face:
What’s is all about ey? Men dressed like women, women dressed like men, all shouting meaningless words at the top of their voices . . . . flashing lights, screaming audiences, and backing singers so loud they were drowning the person trying to sing.

I could only pick out one word - peace - in the entire song from the UK, couldnt make out one single line he was singing about, just shouting as loud as he could.

I must be getting old. :smirk:

3 Likes

I haven’t had the television on tonight so l don’t know what’s happening at the Eurovision Song Contest.

Lately, l saw that it was predicted that Ukraine would win.

gave up waching it when it became political and the EU ganging up together

3 Likes

UK is in 1st place at the mo.
That hasnt happened for donkey’s years, has it? :astonished:

1 Like

I have just switched BBC on. It’s looking good for the United Kingdom.

1 Like

I must admit I forgot it was on even. Didnt see it until it was three quarters over, but that was enough for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

I bet Putin is spitting feathers that the U.K. is in the lead!

1 Like

Well that’s it for this year.

This year’s winner is . . . . . . UKRAINE.

2nd place … … UK.

Ukraine got it we came second .

I only ever watched it for El Tel’s sarcasm.

I thought our entry was great .
We were in the lead on jury points but Ukraine got it on audience votes .
I think a political statement of support because their song was awful

1 Like

a quick search of google and found out what the song Ukraine means

The song starts: “Mother Stephania Stephania mother/The field is blooming, but her hair is getting grey/Mother, sing me the lullaby I want to hear your dear word.”

Stefania starts off reminiscing about being a child and being raised by their mother and then focusing on the present-day when she has now aged with “grey hair”.

According to wiwibloggs, “lullaby” is a key phrase in the song and harks back to good memories, while “lyuli lyuli lyuli” at the end of the rap verse is said to be a classic Slavic folk lullaby.

Well done UK for coming second. :clap:

I have no regrets that Ukraine pipped them at the post, Ukraine badly needed something like this to bring some happiness back in their lives.

3 Likes

Blimey did we really come second? Well done UK!

My daughter told me the chap representing us has 1.5 million followers on Tik Toc…

I’m glad Ulraine won…they need a bit of good news :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw very few of the songs, as I was watching" Far from the madding crowd"" but I thought the start of the programme was lovely when many people sang “Give peace a chance”.
I thought that, when Ukraine were declared the winner, everybody was pleased & I hope that the political side of the voting shows Putin that nobody accepts, or believes, his false account of why he invaded Ukraine.
I wonder whether any Russians were allowed to watch! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Haven’t watched for years the last time was when the bearded lady sang . She/he was quite stunning actually .

Glad Ukraine won they needed a boost of support

1 Like

I was so happy for Ukraine. Their entry was awful, although the sentiment behind the words (thanks @Feey) was so lovely. They deserve some joy with all that their poor country is going through.

Couldn’t help musing on the thought of Russia defeating Ukraine and bringing the entire country under their rule - would that mean next year’s Eurovision would be held in Russia? Rather ironic that.

1 Like

I predicted that Ukraine would win and the UK would do well, our song was actually good and Sam Ryder gave a great performance, I think people wanted to show support for the Ukrainian people and I wonder if we did well because we are supporting them militarily?

1 Like

Eurovision? I couldn’t give a flying copulant for such a politically contrived so called contest.

4 Likes

Look on the bright side, it is one of the few tv programmes that wont be continually repeated at different times or on different channels! :wink: