England charged over laser pen incident

Were you a lawyer in  another life  Dodge ??
Spot on summing up !!

Donkeyman!

It’s usually the losing fans that smash things up Morticia !!
The winners are too pissed to do much else ??

Donkeyman!

If thats the case DM then it must be the Danes shining the light at the back of his head. Unless he ain’t got sod all in his head so the light went straight through from the front.
Proof if you require it Euro 2020: England charged by Uefa after 'laser' penalty incident - BBC Sport

I am sure that the video footage and closeup stills have been given to a university lab who will be able to analyse precisely the angle of the pen beam and then superimpose an image of the stadium over it to see exactly where in the stands the beam came from.

It’s the same technology and method used by crime scene techs to work out the trajectory and starting point of a fired bullet.

Well done England! (60 million people beat 6 million) :smiley:

I do not understand the mentality of cheats, using a laser pen is a form of cheating , if I win anything I like to do so fairly otherwise it is not a win for me.

The booing by some England fans is national embarrassment , they let down the whole country . Those caught booing are poor sports and should be banned.

I agree LF and if there was a laser pen directed at him, it didn’t stop him saving the penalty even if the ball went in straight after. :lol:

I am surprised that only England fans are blamed for booing. This happens the whole time in all football matches. Not nice but it happens. I actually booed the England team for ‘taking the knee’ because I don’t think politics should be in sport.

Anyone been to a pantomime? It’s all part of the game.

Personally I don’t think that green blob is from a laser pen seeing as it would be a dot rather than a smudge but we shall see if it is investigated.

As for the photo being retouched, yes very easy. Not so easy on a video although it can be done with the right software.

A right click on pics can often give all sorts of information about it and sometimes a google search for the pic will reveal all sorts of information about whether the pic is original or has been used elsewhere on the internet.

Some twonk or other is running an on-line petition trying to get the match replayed: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15532417/england-denmark-euro-2020-petition-sterling-penalty/

Not so ciderman ?
It is clearly impossible to fit 66 million people into Wembley 
stadium  ??

Donkeyman!

Just looked at your link again Longfella!
The goalie is standing diagonaly facing out towards the camera!
The back of his head is not visible !
But the light/lights shine on his right cheek!
Which mean s the source of the light/lights must be somewhere
on the right hand side of the pitch, towards the far end ??
So, where were the Danish fans situated in the stadium ??
I say light/lights as it seems that more than one light was
operating to me ??
Anyway, we won, so what now?

Donkeyman!

They also beat Germany … 83 million. :wink:

In that case can we get the ‘Hand of God’ match from 1986 replayed too. :smiley:

Perhaps there should also be a replay of the 1966 World Cup final?

FA fined by Uefa after incidents during England win over Denmark

The Football Association has been fined 30,000 euros (£26,600) for three incidents during England’s Euro 2020 semi-final win over Denmark, including a laser pointer being shone at Kasper Schmeichel’s face.

Television pictures showed a green light on Danish keeper Schmeichel’s face just before Harry Kane took an extra-time penalty.

The fine by Uefa was also for “disturbances during the national anthems” and fireworks being set off.

It doesn’t seem much of a fine but at least a point has been made.

Oh well.

Despite the fact that it wasn’t an England player that shone the laser or added the extra ball or whatever other excuse the sour grapes brigade can come up with, it appears that England getting to a football final doesn’t comply with the European way of thinking.

Thank the Lord we are out of that hell hole. They never liked us but so long as we kept paying them tons of money and at the same time losing at sport, they were happy to accommodate us. Well hard luck!

Anyone wishing to see some real dirty tactics, watch tomorrow’s game against Italy. They have been getting away with for decades.

Which continent is England joining instead LD or are you starting your own? :smiley: :wink: :lol:

We are looking forward to the match .
Mr M is an avid football fan and he will be rooting for England although his Mum was Italian .
I love watching the Italians singing their national anthem they sing it with gusto and all know the words !
I think it will be a hard match . The Italians used to all look like Armani models ( am I allowed to say that ) and were definitely worth a look see blow the football .However this lot look less Armani and more tough guys !

Euro 2020 final: Uefa opens investigation into events at Wembley

Fans fought with stewards and police as they attempted to break through gates for Sunday’s showcase event.

The Football Association has been hit with four charges surrounding the behaviour of fans.

They relate to disturbances caused during the national anthem, invasion of the pitch, the throwing of objects and the lighting of a firework by fans.

The Uefa statement adds: “Separately, a Uefa ethics and disciplinary inspector has been appointed to conduct a disciplinary investigation into events involving supporters which occurred inside and around the stadium. Information on this matter will be made available in due course.”

FA chief executive Bullingham said on Monday the FA is to conduct a full review after a “large number of drunken yobs” tried to force their way into Wembley without tickets. He said the FA would work with the police to ban anyone who had forced their way in and to prevent such an event happening again.

Too little, too late … :102: