Enforced holiday

Well it had to happen, I tested positive this morning for the dreaded bug, so it’s off to stay with the mil and mrs,p, I have contacted work who have told me not to go in next week as I have symptoms, so that’s a weeks money lost as I don’t get paid, still, being in a different house will make it feel like we’re on holiday….

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Primus1. Had it a few weeks back, but not too bad and I hope it’s not worse than the feeling of a summer cold.

1 Like

Poor you Primus, but when my sister had it she was ok within a fortnight!
Can your son do his own cooking & washing?

1 Like

Oh Primus, I’m sorry. I hope you get over it quickly :frowning_face:

1 Like

I have felt a bit rough since Friday but it feels like a cold , a bit of a sore throat and headache as well of generally feeling a bit lethargic, the irony is, if I had displayed no symptoms but still tested positive, I could have gone to work, but I can’t risk infecting any residents or staff so I’m staying away

2 Likes

Is it 10 days isolation since start of noticeable symptoms?

1 Like

The rules have changed. There is no requirement to self-isolate - that is now a choice:

Try to stay at home and avoid contact with others if you have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) or have symptoms of COVID-19.

1 Like

Look on the bright side, eh? Get well soon … :+1:

Well all i can say is enjoy your covid holiday break Primus1.
Hope you recover asap.

1 Like

Oh dear, I suppose it was inevitable. Take care and I hope you’re better soon xxx

1 Like

Poor Primus…:frowning:
I wish you well soon!

1 Like

I hope you feel better soon Primus…

1 Like

Thank you all
I suppose I’m lucky in that I didn’t get it a couple of years ago at the start, no vaccines to lessen the symptoms, the reason we are isolating is to protect our son who has a weakened immune system, it could be serious if he got it,

2 Likes

Hope you feel “right as rain” quickly Primus
Take care of yourself

1 Like

Thanks rhian, I just feel as though I have a bit of a cold, my temperature keeps going up and down, but I’m just very lethargic

2 Likes

Get well soon.

1 Like

Wouldn’t worry about it. I’ve felt like that since I was 24.

1 Like

As I said I’ve managed to miss it from the very start, and, working in a care home from the end of 19, I’ve seen residents and staff go down with it, some didn’t recover, the annoying thing isi don’t get sick pay, one of the many reasons the care sector is in meltdown, I’m not so bad I can stand it, many of the lower paid workforce find it a real hardship.

2 Likes

Get well soon :slight_smile:

A wise move! I hope he knows how to heat food from the freezer, or likes beans on toast!