Employment numbers are up and job vacancies "surge past one million"

The warnings of mass unemployment for whatever reason takes the media’s fancy depending upon when they need a story still haven’t materialised according to today’s news.

Are we going to see people being able to pick and choose jobs?

Zaphod, l find today, many people are so negative. All they think of is… doom and gloom.
Life goes on…it always has! It can only get better!

1 Like

Hi

Yes, we have a load of vacancies, but what we need to do is to get our own qualified to do them.

We need to invest in the future.

1 Like

Data is a load of Cobblers. :grinning: :biking_man:

1 Like

Most cars are ported in front of folks residences, no one is upwardly mobile anymore. :laughing: :biking_man:

1 Like

Ooh I love a good beef cobbler.
:yum:

Absolutely agreed.
I’m no longer as surprised as I used to be when I see people nowadays with their privileged lives picking upon minor and often inconsequential matters just to have a moan.
Life is too short to spend it on such negativity and most of us have a lot to be grateful for.

What qualifications are needed to pick strawberries, other fruit, vegetables, etc?

Our local bus company is paying good money for drivers but can’t get anyone to fill the vacancies they’ve got. It seems no-one is prepared to learn how to drive a single decker these days even when they’re being paid to learn and will be paid something like £15-£20/hr once they’ve passed their test.