Emmerdale

Mups Emmerdale like most soaps run up to 6 weeks behind so he is likely to be around for another 6/7 weeks then you will find him stacking shelves at Tescos or Aldi…:slight_smile:

Oh, I see. I didn’t realise they were that far behind.
Thanks Basser. :slight_smile:

Yes it always seems odd seeing people on screen several weeks after they left soaps. At the moment in neighbours we have a character missing but she’s recovered from her breakdown and back filming and giving Interviews that make it seem odd she isn’t back in front of the camera. Her scenes are being shared between other characters which isn’t working very well for us viewing as they are asking us to believe the awful decisions she usually makes are being made by the better characters.

Didn’t like Marlon smashing Al’s car that was totally out of character.
Hoping aging harridan Mandy isn’t in the show too long not sure how much of her I can watch .

I soooo agree with you there, Julie.
I never have cared for her very much, but she seems worse than ever now.

Indeed I can remember cheering when she left first time. Again second time really hoping I get to cheer a third.

I don’t like the Mandy character, and can’t wait for her to go. Not many viewers seem to be fans (FB) but what’s the betting the bosses ‘decide’ she is liked and then keep her.

Did anyone else find the Tate home scenes a bit cringeworthy??? I don’t mind children being in scenes so long as they can act, and that child can’t.

And does anyone remember how vile Jai (and Charity) was to Rachel years ago? When they forced her out of town, as it were. I always wanted them to get their comeuppance.

So who is Nate going to be related to and will there be yet another tragedy ?
I know it’s time those two Kerry and Amy deserve to be gone but let’s move on ?

LOL - the last time I saw Emmerdale Annie Sugden, Grandpa and Jack were in it - and it was still about farming! Supposedly TVs answer to ‘The Archers’.

Filming takes place weeks ahead of broadcasting Mups .
Tonight ? I’ ll give you two clues . Cat and bag . …oh dear … I sense a trap ‘ s going to be set .

Yes, Zuleika :slight_smile: Saw it in the tv magazine, but daren’t say too much, except - about flippin’ time!
If ever there was a plot that was overdone, it was this one.
At it like rabbits they were.

Is no one watching at the moment ?

Gave up watching 6 months, rubbish story lines and PC I and my OH had just about enough.

Had to resurrect this thread to get something off my chest!

That drip in Emmerdale, the supposed Vet, Jamie Tate.
His permanent sulky, lost little boy face drives me nuts.
How is this big wet drip ever supposed to be convincing as a business man and veterinary surgeon?
I wouldn’t take a goldfish to him!

Some more waste of spaces to my mind are:

Jai Sharma and his father Rishi.
Talk about over-acting - especially Jai.
He raves and shouts at everything and anything.

Jamie Tate’s ridiculous mother Kim.

Rodney Blackstock.
What does this geriatric teenager ever actually do in this programme? :confused:

Feel free to add your own ‘waste of spaces.’ :smiley:

The one soap I have never watched, when it started as Emmerdale Farm did not appeal.

The only decent episodes were the lockdown ones.
It is a crime drama now not a soap!
I only watch it as I’m usually eating my evening meal and even worse on other channels.

It reminds me of those plays we used to put on in the playground, no storyline just made up as you went along.
They need new writers, I could give them some ideas! :lol:

Oh Mups, where do I start?

Nate, who I still can’t bear to watch.
Harriet, who is always flicking her head to clear the hair from her face.
Arthur, who I still think can’t act.
Al. What’s the point of him?
Kim, and her constant mouth twisting, either in scorn, smugness, or confusion.
Jai. Agree about the over acting.
Malone, just because he’s the bad boy.
Andrea. And Jamie. And that awful child with the ‘finger nails down a chalk board’ voice!!!
Kerry, but it seems she has disappeared for a while, thank fully
And how could I forget Mandy Dingle?? Why bring her back? Why???

Oh Gawd Yes, Jazzi - the dreaded Many Dingle, I forgot about her.
Yet another one who constantly over-acts and serves no purpose. What a gob that one’s got. :lol:
I also agree about Harriet and her hair flicking.

Tess, I’m same as you, and it’s usually only one because I’m sat having my tea, and as you say, the other channels are even worse.

I’ve had me moan on the Corrie thread, and thought Emmerdale warrented the same.

Mandy Dingle for a start. I can’t stand that character. Talk about over-acting, gobby, and in-your-face, she’s all of them.
Her ex is equally unbelievable and their relationship is too far-fetched to me.

And what about that Vet, Jamie Tate, (who never, ever does any veterinary work whatsoever) ey?
I have had more than enough of his ‘sulky little boy’ face to last me a lifetime.
How come we never, ever see him or Paddy with so much as a budgie?
Why are they in the Woolpack more than in their surgery?
Where has Rhona, the other vet gone?

Why do the producers make stories drag on and on in these soaps?

Where’s Lucus?
Who looks after Victoria’s baby when she’s out and about?
Where’s Eric and all the rest that have vanished?
How did they film Vinnie getting hit by his Dad, seemed very realistic!
Reece Dinsdale is very convincing if annoying. He reminds me of wasband 2. Never did find out where his money went. Lied all the time :wink: