Elton John at Glastonbury

Definitely not at Glastonbury…I’ve seen a few live bands over the years - Status Quo twice, The Hollies, Jerry and the Pacemakers, but a few regrets…Never saw Fleetwood Mac or ELO…

1 Like

Just getting out and enjoying events, music and community is good enough for me Foxy.

Heaven forbid,people might actually enjoy themselves :wink:

2 Likes

You have to sift, who is enjoying and who is ticking box’s
Max Boyce “I was there”

One man’s meat Chilli…I’d rather shove a wire coat hanger up my arse and pull out my kidney’s than go to Glastonbury…
Kidney

1 Like

I’ve seen John Denver about 4 times, Status Quo twice, Cliff Richard twice & Tommy Steele twice, first time at the 2ii’s coffee bar. Also saw Lonnie Donegan, Acker Bilk & a few other Trad bands during my jazz phase. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Would love to have seen Adele, Queen & ELO, but didn’t get the chance.

4 Likes

Salty Dog Blues · Ian Menzies and the Clyde Valley Stompers with Fiona Duncan.
Just for you to enjoy :point_down:

2 Likes

I think you’ll find the music came first.

But no! By jove, you are right. Damned clever.

1 Like

I thought Elton did brilliantly :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve seen Status Quo several times over many years. Thin Lizzy, Canned Heat, Hot Chocolate, Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel, Marmalade, Slade, Bay City Rollers, Pickettywitch, Showaddywaddy, Andy Fairweather Low that’s some I’ve seen but there are plenty more. Every single weekend from the age of 15 I went to see groups and they were the best days.

We had groups from all over the country coming to two venues on the North Norfolk Coast every weekend and free buses were provided from most local towns. Used to be heaving downstairs and people would literally be hanging off the balcony. It actually collapsed once but no fatalities. No H & S in those days!! :rofl: on summer nights when it got too hot inside, crowds would gather outside on the cliffs with the glow of the lighthouse sweeping around.

Mini skirts, platform boots, different boyfriend every couple of weeks, kids yacking up rum and coke on the bus coming home, girls crying their eyes out after being dumped, friends consoling them. Walking from the bus in the pitch dark to our house with the music still pounding in my ears. Fantastic teenage years!

Going to see Robbie Williams in Aug. Outdoor concert.

1 Like

Very surgical Foxy…the NHS need people like you! :wink:

2 Likes

If I was 50 years younger I’d give the modern day Glasto a go.

nostalgia doesn’t equal quality - I think you’ll find bernie tarpin wrote the words first and then elton added the music - both exceptionally inspirational! spitfire can we consult??

Inspiration is random, I have no answer to the chicken and the egg!

The only one I’ve seen outdoors was a Status Quo concert but I really went to see Hawkwind,Curved Air,Budgie and John Peel.You got your money’s worth in those days.

1 Like

Awesome Rose… :+1:
Them were the days…
:motorcycle:
I forgot to mention the Hollies, the Searches and Thin Lizzy…

I guessed you would d00d…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I must admit i was never a fan, but when credit is due, then yes he wrote some decent tunes, but as a singer he wouldnt make the top 1000 from London alone…
and as for the Glastonbury crowd enjoying him… lol… at ten o’clock you could put on the salvation army and those folks would rock to it…
Elton John couldnt have earned a living doing the yorkshire clubs singing anyone elses music…in my opinion.

Elton is etched on our memories, we are not etched on his but, I’m sure he loves us all. just as much as we love him.

That reminds me of this publication.
My mum used to buy it for me, I also wanted some glam rock silver platform boots embellished with red stars, those I didn’t get.

s-l500

I suppose I was only ten or eleven at the time :sunglasses:

I’m shocked that a publication of such a high journalistic standard would call Faces ,The Faces.

Ah!..and should it have been Little Jimmy Osmond?