Eleven accused of child sex ring and 'witchcraft' in Glasgow

Eleven people are accused to taking part in a child sex ring which allegedly involved witchcraft, violence and neglect.

Seven men and four women are charged with abusing three young children in Glasgow during a 10-year period.

At the hearing at the High Court in Glasgow, the accused faced a 14-page indictment listing 43 different charges which allegedly happened between January 2010 and March 2020 in the Townhead, Maryhill and Craigend areas of the city.

Iain Owens, 43, Elaine Lannery, 38, Lesley Williams, 40, Paul Brannan, 40, Marianne Gallagher, 37, Scott Forbes, 49, Barry Watson, 46, Mark Carr, 49, Richard Gachagan, 44, Leona Laing, 50, and John Clark, 46, deny the charges they face.

Maureen Goudie, Steven McHendrie, Robert Brown, James McLean and Douglas Gachagan are also mentioned as being involved in a number of the charges.

But, the indictment states they are now “deceased”.

Judge Lord Beckett set an eight-week trial at the High Court in Glasgow for September next year.

A further hearing was also fixed for October.

A ‘witchcraft’ trial in the 21st Century 
 :scream_cat:

I was a Witch for a few decades and I can remember, in more recent decades, whisperings of this happening (or having happened), up there, in Scotland!

“From me & She & He, to thee, Blessed-Be!” :slight_smile: (I loved the old days!)

1 Like

Time to bring back hanging!

1 Like

Proper witchcraft is never about abuse.
I hope they all rot in jail.

Did you fall away from it, Ian?

True.

Hi

Witchcraft does not bother me at all.

Child Abuse does.

It was the most difficult part of my old job when we came across it.

I had to back off and leave it to the female Enforcement Officers.

I had serious Dad Syndrome, the Northern variety, I just wanted to terrorise them.

I have the highest regard for those who could cope with it and secured convictions.

My daughter in law deals with cases of child abuse every day
I have no idea how she copes with it
I would be like you swims I would want to give them a good bash 
doesn’t solve anything for the child though
I’m best not even thinking about it

Hi

Please give her my regards, she is a very special person who does a remarkable job.

A far better person than I could ever be.

I have been accused of terrorising them with a look.

I am actually quite proud of that.

witch·craft

[ˈwÉȘtʃkrɑːft]

NOUN

1. the practice of magic, especially for evil purposes; the use of spells:

“children and goods were believed to be vulnerable to the witchcraft of jealous neighbours”

Witchcraft has always been viewed as an evil word, so I wonder why people who do things that aren’t evil want to use it for their actions.
If any form of witchcraft is used to harm others, then it should be punished by law.

It seems to me that so many people are obsessed by weird sexual gratification, that maybe research should be done to find the reasons why.
Any human who thinks it is alright to harm children should be hung & thereby reduce the continual practice of harming human offspring.

Witchcraft. FFS What a crock. :rage:

3 Likes

Currently, a Christian, Pixie. All roads, etc
?

1 Like

So long as you are content following your own path, Ian
that is all that matters! :smiley:

1 Like

Off topic

Withdrawn

Quite right Omah
 I’ll withdraw my comment.

This case sounds horrific - the witchcraft isn’t the issue and was probably just a vehicle for the abuse.
I hope the media and Joe Public don’t focus on that bit - it is the allegations of child abuse, both sexual abuse and physical abuse and neglect that should be the focus.

If this is true, the psychological damage inflicted on those 3 children over ten years must be extensive. It makes me feel so angry and sad at the same time.

2 Likes

Thanks 
 :+1:

I don’t know a lot about this subject, but I do know there have always been witches, and the bad ones used to do use people, and animals, for horrendous sacrifices.

There are supposed to be Black witches (evil), and White Witches (good) though.
I used to know a lady who reckoned she was a white witch, but I never wanted to ask her about it. Not anything I need to know about.

I think Boot is right when she said about a cover up for a child sex ring.
Did these kids not have parents who noticed changes in their children?

1 Like