Edsel Ranger

Funny thing is this property sat next to where I worked. The city must have cited him 100 times to clean it up. Finally, they threaten to bull doze the property. The owner started cleaning it up. He had several big rig trailers on the property, you can see one in the background of the first photo. He had a guy coming and hooking up to the trailers and pulling them off. So when a tow truck came and got the Edsel no one gave it a thought. Turns out it was a thief who took advantage of the situation. In this case I say good show to the thief. Any one who would let a car sit and rot doesn’t deserve it. IMHO :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

What a shame,Danny, is it far beyond restoration, as I read he allowed it to just rot.

How much would it be worth now, if it was in mint condition?

1 Like

Only about $5,000 to $7,000 US. It was just the body. The rest had completely gone to ruin.

1 Like

Look at this one,Danny, is it the same make?

1 Like

Yes I believe so. Beautiful car. :grin:

1 Like

I wouldn’t fancy parking that one up…or reversing…:open_mouth::open_mouth::joy::rofl:

1 Like

It was boat. :grin:

1 Like

That’s exactly what the bloke called it on YouTube…:grin:

1 Like

We older Americans tend to refer to any really long car as a boat. :grin:

1 Like

Chacun à son goût…

1 Like

While it is said to see something as beautiful as old school engineering and design go to waste 9they just don’t make 'em like they used to) I do find something aesthetically beautiful about urban decay…there is a tragic, romantic beauty in it…or am I on my own there?

1 Like

Most of my landscapes in Alabama featured rural decay.

1 Like

Beautiful…or at least I think so. Exactly what I was referring to

1 Like

1 Like