Editing video in MP4 format

Basics

For those who don’t know there are different recording formats which basically determine the video quality. Such as MOV- MP4 and AVCHD, AVCHD is the most common which one of the lower ones camera use.
Trying to find an editing suite is a nightmare to be honest. 99% of editing suites only work on AVCHD., finding one that works on the higher formats !!! well I found one called “filamore wondershare” and bought it
trying to get used to it and linking different videos together by transition. couple of issues : one is the gap between each video and the other using a transition and how long for.

so the above video is a try out, hopefully the timing is about right of 3 seconds on each during the transition on each video

Had to video using another camera to show the editing suite working. I can easily understand the effort to get a degree in editing

Please no silly stupid remarks but serious opinions welcomed

Two things.

Have you tried “Shotcut”, it’s free open source software and very capable. Lots of tutorial videos on YouTube.

To record the screen use “OBS” (Open Broadcast Software) it too is an open source free software. It is actually designed for broadcasting live streams but can be easily set to screen capture and save the resultant video. Again Youtube is your friend with setting it up for screen capture very well explained, it is used by a lot of YouTube content providers.

This was recorded using OBS.

It’s a damn sight easier than filming the screen

I realise you like spending money but often free open source software is every bit as good as paid software. Anyway why not try it?

I forgot to mention the video in the previous post was also edited using the free editing suite Shotcut. I admit it was a very quick and dirty job but you can see the potential of both program even though I just don’t edit enough videos to be very proficient at it.

There are flaws in he video because it was recorded on my very old laptop which couldn’t cope with the intensive use the two programs placed on it (I think it had problems with WIN10 too - it was originally WIN8) but it was the only video I had using the two programs mentioned.

,Bruce What format does it use ? Only most don’t use MOV or MP 4

I don’t know the exhaustive list in Shotcut but certainly uses mpeg and mp4 (MOV is just mp4 in a container like mkv) in fact I have never come across an editing suite that didn’t but you can set MP4 to be lossless. It also can use most picture formats too. It is based on FFmeg codec which is an open source project, the full list of types it handles is here:

OBS usually saves in MKV format which can be stripped down to MP4.

I suspect you are using expensive professional editing suites not ones designed for us common folk

Update on using sennheiser MKE400 on Panasonic HC-X1500 camcorder. Somewhere else I mentioned this microphone would not work on the camcorder handle as it has a fixed lead to it. Issue solved today as a female to female connector arrived. So now the XLR cable from the camcorder handle via the connector direct to the microphone lead.
The handle actually cut out the microphone socket on the camcorder so I could not go down that route.

also now keeps the deadcat well away from the sensor

much reduced wind rumble across microphone

so well happy with that but did not have it in auto focus

Sounds like a lesbian sex aid.