Ebay...Amazon...Same Company?

I ordered a small item from ebay. I have the confirmation email, also from ebay… The order arrived a couple of days ago - from Amazon…
Strange - I thought that they were different Companies.

Malc.

1 Like

I had the same thing just a couple of weeks ago Malcom - I had ordered some tall glasses (for smoothies) as they were cheaper via eBay by quite a bit, I too was surprised when Amazon delivered them :lol:

I think what’s happening is some companies are using Amazon warehouse to store their stock but they are also selling via eBay… and then getting Amazon to deliver.

It got messy when I had to return the item tho, the seller sent me a return to… Amazon! But I complained to eBay saying they hadn’t offered me a return postage paid option, and they ended up just refunding me and said I could keep the glasses. Was a lot of pal lava but at least I got some free glasses out of it :044:

Hi Azz,
Thank you for your reply. That sounds like exactly what has happened…I thought at first I was going a bit bonkers as I had originally gone to order the item from Amazon, however there would have been a charge for delivery due to it being well under the £20 minimum. The ebay cost included delivery for only a little bit more than the Amazon price, without delivery.
Thanks again…Regards, Malc.

1 Like

What I usually do in this case is wait until I meet the £20 target, or for when they are offering a free Amazon Prime trial :lol: (I cancelled my Prime because I kept feeling like I had to make use of it (/watch something on it) all the time :icon_rolleyes:)

I try to avoid eBay if I can because it’s much more of a pain returning things, so I’ll only try to order things I know I probably won’t be returning (such as a playstation game).

That’s the thing about Amazon they are often just agents for other suppliers, for example I bought a camping stove off Amazon but it came from Tent World a retailer and on line camping shop in its own right.

A lot of these same stores also have Ebay accounts. They are not all the same company but on line selling seems a very incestuous business

1 Like

I’ve had items from John Lewis arrive in amazon packaging

1 Like

That’s happened to me too.

Also, for the first time ever I bought items on Facebook. Total disaster and I won’t be doing that again. Luckily I paid by Paypal and they were great and refunded my money straight away. If you see any items (clothing, underwear, jewellery etc) on FB, before you buy just check out the firm on Trust Pilot. Most are from China so you wait weeks and when they eventually arrive they are very poor quality and there is no info on returning goods.

1 Like