E cards on display?

Mrs Dex and I were pondering on how many Christmas Cards to send this year and in particular how expensive posting them has become.

So, we were toying with the idea of sending e-cards to the more tech savvy of our friends.

The only problem/question is,…how can we have these on display? We used to have an electronic photo frame thing which used to go through sides of old photos. Must buy a new one soon (somebody mentioned wanting to do just this, on the black Friday thread).

Does anyone know whether e-cards can be saved in a format that could utilise an e-photo frame (wouldn’t the animated gif thing make it non viable?), or is there another product we could get that we could put among the normal cards that would show the e-cards on a cyclical loop?

We’ve got a couple old old tablets lurking around which we don’t use anymore, which could fit the bill if an appropriate app could be utilised, bearing in mind that these are old machines and might not be able to work with modern software.

1 Like

My thinking this year is that we shall be texting/e-mailing people,as you wrote,the expense is high.
And i think the recipients will agree,sometimes i run out of space for cards.so they dont even see daylight.
I shall be sending Christmas wishes on the first of December so hopefully they will ger rhe gist and do the same.

1 Like

I haven’t aclue,Dex, it would be nice if you could show them…I’m sure you can, I have received a few in the past, I love them.

It’s a great idea,:+1:

1 Like

We’ll be sending some, and handing some out at church and among friends (some to be handed along in the Chinese whispers style).

But some would be fine with e-cards, and some actually prefer them due to ecological preferences.

Gotta be a way of getting them on a PowerPoint type rolling program.

1 Like

I tell you what I do with the Christmas ambiance e cards on YouTube, I display them on my large tv, they are beautiful as you can see,:heartpulse::heartpulse:

So many to choose from, here’s another.:heartpulse:

1 Like

Thats a great idea, which could be used on old tablets easily enough. Just need to make them run independently one after the other on a loop. Am not savvy enough to know if PowerPoint can do this!

1 Like

If it’s a static card you could just take a screen grab of it then save it into a format that your photo frame accepts (if it’s not already in such a format) or if it’s animated you could screen record that part of the card and store it in a format that works with your frame.

This item shows which formats it is compatible with: Amazon.co.uk

Alternatively, you could buy a colour ink jet printer and just print them out :smiley:

That’s a great idea too!

2 Likes

Don’t have to worry Christmas is cancelled this year because the government is grabbing spare Chrissie money anyone has

1 Like

You sound full of festive cheer @realspeed :grin::rofl::rofl:

See my Christmas Turkey post

1 Like

If you have a newer TV you could probably copy them to a USB stick and plug that into your TV to display them. On an old tablet though you should be able to display them as a loop.

This link is for Android tablets but for an iPad the process is similar, I’d think.

How to create a video slideshow for Android tablets