E-Book or Traditional Book?

Oooh! Cheeky! :smiley:

Traditional book
I can chuck it my my bag without damaging it,I can leave it lying around without it getting nicked and also when Iā€™ve finished with it I can lend it on to someone else or give it to my local charity shop.

Just love to anticipate when I can get propped up in bed, small light on, toes curled under a light percale sheet, real book ready to tell me more of the story, bookmark tossed asideā€¦
Kindle canā€™t take the place of a true page turnerā€¦at least, not without a swipe. :wink:

Good to see so many traditionalists here.
I prefer paperbacks to hardcover,Iā€™ve always got one in my pocket.

So, it seems thereā€™s consensus - we all prefer traditional books. I thought perhaps Iā€™m old fashioned but it seems that Iā€™m not :slight_smile:

Oh and plus books never run out of battery.

Yes,I think you are, like the rest of us on an over 50ā€™s forum :slight_smile:

Yes, I didnā€™t think of that - major bonus :mini:

Youā€™d be surprised. I know a few hip older folk who swear by their Kindle. Clearly, Iā€™m in the right forumā€¦

Provided you come out with the same number of pages as you went in with, then others cant complain too much;-)

I donā€™t mind or prefer either but my ereader holds 100s of books and can go anywhere with me, so much more convenient. (and it has a light!)

Having said that the last three books I have read were hardbacks as it happened.

Oh and my ereader has never run out of battery, it lasts for months and I can recharge it in my car.

Mine is a Sony, not fond of Kindle they just seem to be a crippled Android tablet.

We have 12 book cases in our house 7 of them are floor to ceiling. So you can guess my preference. :slight_smile: my wife was given a kindle as a b day gift. She used it once.

I bought one of the original Kindles but as I now have the iPad with the Kindle app, the original device is all but redundant and confined to a drawer somewhere.

You are right Dex. Nothing worse than reading a book and finding some pages missing or worse :slight_smile:

Well looks like Iā€™m very much in the minority here! I have a Kindle Paperwhite - not a tablet, itā€™s a dedicated E-reader and the battery lasts for weeks. I have hundreds of books on it and itā€™s so easy to pop in even my smallest handbag. But even if I donā€™t take it with me, I have the Kindle reader on my iPhone, so I am never, ever without my book to read.

Yes, I read the odd ā€˜realā€™ book now and then, usually if someone buys me one for my birthday or Christmas, but there really is nothing like the convenience and ease of reading electronically. I can never lose my page, if I forget who a character is, I can do an immediate search in the book and find out, I can increase the size of the print in an instant if my eyes are feeling a little strained and, best of all, if we ever manage to go on holiday again, I can take hundreds of books with me without using up any space in my suitcase!

I read books for their content, not their appearance or feel, and I can get just as lost in an e-book as I can in a print book. I honestly think my Kindle is one of the best techy devices I have ever bought!

Traditional paper-based books for me.

I like an ebook because it is easier to handle, lightweight, turn pages. My only beef is I canā€™t look back and check something I have read or half missed
several pages back. but I can read library books without entering a library - just download them.

You can bookmark pages if you want to. (Bookmark isnā€™t the word my ereader uses but I canā€™t think of it off hand)

Real books. As a kid I would go the the library and book stores alike. I love the smell of a new book. Thereā€™s just no substitute. It really not important which one as long as youā€™re reading. Expanding your mind.:lol::lol:

Yes, exactly. My Kindle has a little flag/bookmark icon that I can tap to bookmark a page. And anyway, you can go back a few pages to check something, just by tapping the left hand side of the page - itā€™s exactly the same as tapping the right hand side to turn over to the next page. I do this regularly!