Dystopian scenes of robots enforcing lockdown emerge from China

“…From its speakers, it blasted the message to residents saying, ‘Please comply with Covid restrictions. Control your soul’s desire for freedom. Do not open the window or sing,…”

• Well this is weird :scream:
1 Like

Well at least they said “please”. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not on this bit they didn’t! This is an order. “Control your souls desire for freedom” Who on earth thinks that that is a good suggestion for calming your people?! :astonished:

One has to see this in the context of their current culture /regime etc. I once lived amongst them for several years. they are controlled from the cradel to the grave - and can if not controlled exhibite panic behavior or what we would see as selfish greedy behavior - only thinking of themselves and immediate family. Remember you are talking about 1.5 billion approx - if they all went their own way it would be pandemonium!!

1 Like

Well I don’t want my neighbours to open their windows and sing. :102:

That does sound a bit weird, but maybe we should allow for something being lost in translation. If you’ve ever bought a product made in China and read the little instruction leaflet that comes with it, you will know what I mean. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

George Orwell is alive and well - and living in China!

2 Likes

Yes Gumbud, I do see it from their context, and know a little bit about it from my son who worked there for a while, but still…considering it probably started there, and they didn’t learn lessons from the first round of infections, (they still had their wet markets etc)…I think flying drones in the sky and having robot dogs on the streets makes me wonder if they are throwing money in the wrong direction. Get it sorted, China! :018:

Would they have been as polite in Chinese?

I don’t know. :102:

they can be ultra polite in a false way or very cutting to each other in coloquial dialects - calling each other the weirdest of names and objects

This is the point. When a culture is very different from your own, it doesn’t make much sense to judge it by your own standards.

That’s a weird site there @PixieKnuckles

so I googled and found this HaHa

1 Like

exactly harbal well put! and it can be dangerous at times

1 Like

Now that is the creepiest thing I have seen all week! Look at the way it scuttles! Ewww, I’d run a mile (singing all the way) if one of those came up to me :scream:

No it’s not considering its in China where the state controls everything from the birth rate to tight personal freedom, or rather lack of it.

Ruddy cheek!
What the 'eck’s singing got to do with anything?

And over here, we are told to open windows and air places. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

… … and then they harp on about keeping the heat IN our homes :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@gumbud , Wot you say gummy sounds just like the UK, except that we
dont use drones, we use the BBC TV !!
Donkeyman! :+1::roll_eyes::+1: