Dust and the Corsi-Rosenthal?

The dogs are molting and the dust is driving me nuts, despite regular filter changes and vent cleaning.

I came across this idea for an occasional supercharge of one’s filtration system that requires nothing more than taping a cube of filters around a box fan.

Have any of you tried such a thing?

1 Like

Haven’t tried it but just watched the vid and now I want to :lol:

If you try it let us know how you get on! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi I have the large Dyson purifier hepa cool is very good .
Can be used with or without an app ,
Reports on the air quality inside the house and outside… it can work automatically programmed to come on when needed , speed and temperature control automatic.
However it’s not really a alternative to housework vacuuming dusting or dogs hairs…
Gives fantastic air quality free from pollen, viruses ,formaldehyde & dust ….
It’s excellent if you suffer from certain health concerns or wish to breathe pure air

I forgot it also removes odours

Interesting idea. I’ve got a spare box fan and an air filter that I probably won’t use because it has charcoal particles on it. It’s sold like that, but it doesn’t look safe to me, so I didn’t use it.

But I’m not sold it would do much. I’ll have to check out more videos.

Thanks for the idea though. Sounds intriguing, especially during this allergy season.

1 Like

I tried it. For my purposes, it didn’t work for what I wanted it to do. I use the box fans to cool the house by blowing the cool air into the house.

Putting the air filter on worked, and the air flow was OK. But the air flow was impacted enough that the air coming in wasn’t enough to cool down the house.

As for filtering, I didn’t leave it on long enough to see if it made a difference in the air. Maybe I’ll try it again in the winter when I’m not trying to cool the air.

Wow! Aren’t you the sporting one! I can see that the filters would indeed reduce the circulation some. I still haven’t had the time to get to the hardware store, but if it reduces pet dander, it’s worth a try.

Cheers!

1 Like