Driving licence photo

Just had notification of the three year driving licence renewel. As I have gleucoma in one eye ,not too bad at the moment and the optician I go to says should be ok to drive. Of course the DVLA more than likely want me to go to Specsavers for their own checks. I did have my glasses updated for this purpose.
However the heading is driving licence photos if need updating which mine do. So I had several choices 1= profession photo taken 2= photo booth taken 3 do it myself with Sue’s help the cheapest way as I have what is need to take the photo
So option 3 it is and done but not recommended if you don’t have the right background ie right colour wall. Setting up and taking is the easy part, right distance from camera to start with and an editing suite to reframe the head and shoulders correctly and also resize to 45mm x35mm vertical orintation.
It took me a bit of time to get it right as the position space around and amount of shoulders etc needed a bit of adjusting

Then as a by the by the Epson printer had a hissy and would not connect wirelessly to the computer, a general fault with Epson so it seems, so go a bit pissed off sorting that out first, Now later on got to fill out the paperwork and sending it all off

Here Service NSW take your photo as part of the renewal process though when I renewed my licence last time the girl said I could keep my old photo or have a new one taken. - presumably I still look much the same.

What annoys me is that now they post the licence out to you whereas only a few years ago when it was just the Road Transport Authority you sat down and waited for a few minutes while they printed it out straight away. I suppose now that they deal with every state government issue they try to streamline the process.

However the digital version on my phone popped up by the time I got out to the car so the physical one is not really needed any more,