Driver was "off his face"

As I was driving home from work yesterday on a dual carriageway on Orrong Rd (70km speed limit) I saw this vehicle in the right lane weaving all over the road.
He almost hit the curb several times, then back to cross the lane divider line. Weaving constantly, slowing and speeding up again.
He was obviously affected by something. I hung back so he would not hit me, as did other drivers.
The opportunity came for me to cautiously come up along side him. His window was down as was mine, I look over and tooted my horn saying, “mate, you should not be driving”.
He looked at me and it was very obvious he was affected by drugs of some description. With a cheesy grin he said, “I’ll race you” and sped off but the traffic was heavy and he was restricted as to how fast he could go.
Then he weaved several times again.
Orrong Rd becomes Graham Farmer Freeway and the speed limit increases to 80km.
He was weaving in his lane dangerously and other drivers were getting out of his way. My exit came up and I exited.
This driver was so dangerous I wonder if he got to were he was going without causing an accident.
As I have said numerous times, police on the road are almost non-existent.

Good reason to have a dash cam and send the footage to the police. Worked for us in the video I posted sometime ago. His insurance could not argue who was at fault

2 Likes

Hopefully other drivers with the cams did just that. I do not have a dash cam.