Dream Properties Thread!

I’m not interested in fancy houses…I like interesting quirky stuff like this This guy builds them himself from natural resources. He covers the structure with mud, and then grass seed over that so it grows and blends in with the forest.

4 Likes

Very nice … but what happens when the King of the Spiders moves in … with his retinue … :scream_cat:

3 Likes

Oh I am well versed in Spider Defence these days…I’d have it sorted, no problem! :+1: :spider:

2 Likes

IIRC, the first line of defence against Spider Attack is Retreat (screaming optional) … :scream_cat:

3 Likes

I have cleaned in one of those properties in Chelsea, at least over 30:yrs ago…very dark and dingy, old fashioned and had an infestation of those carpet moths…never seen anything like the destruction they cause…hope this is allowed…just showing that everything from the outside may look incredibly glamorous and inviting…I can assure inside the property was a complete let down!

1 Like

Mine’s like a palace inside.

:icon_cool:

1 Like

scorpions, earwigs, slugs, snails, worms etc.

2 Likes

I could happily live here. Conditional on an army of cleaners and gardeners, of course :wink:

1 Like

@Bathsheba … I wouldn’t say no to a week there when the weather’s nice.

2 Likes

Only a week? I’d want at least a month :grin:

1 Like

A month! OK if you insist.

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Selling Sunsets on Netflix

Not really a ‘dream’ property (tho I guess it could be for someone) but thought it was interesting - could be a way to make some extra money too?

A toll bridge with a house :lol:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/127562279

Probably get a place like that in South Yorkshire for about £500,000…

2 Likes

I can’t that go that far North! I’ll get a nose bleed …

2 Likes

Oh shut, up, you’re making me homesick!

I’d live there in the blink of an eye, Azz, I love cities and urban style, not keen on the country and all that quiet and fresh air, it’s creepy!

1 Like

Already have my dream property

1 Like

We’d love a canal side property with a large workshop and a private mooring for our self-built narrowboat.
We often see properties with canal side private moorings and lovely gardens as we move along the canal - they range from small and quirky to large and luxurious.

We have passed the place in this video lots of times and thought it would make a fab home for us, if we had a £1 million to spare. There aren’t many homes which have a private dock like this one - my lovely fella would love to have this dock and the huge workshops.

The inside of the cottage may need some tweaking to update it but the outdoor facilities are perfect.
It’s been up for sale for a while, I think, but when I looked at the Agent’s website it says it’s currently “Under Offer” - so it looks like we’ve missed the boat for this one!

1 Like

This place caught my eye: 4 beds in Kensington, £4.2M

I like terraced houses. And this looks cute.

1 Like

The hill when I was growing yo:

2 Likes