Donald Trump refuses to answer questions in New York investigation

Don’t know if someone said it before, but, refusing to talk is often the refuge of the guilty. Least ways it is with our criminals in UK…

He’s a strange man.

Ummm… Do you people live in the US? If not, then perhaps that’s why you seem to “know” only what you’ve read on liberal news. The plain fact is that under President Trump’s leadership US citizens were not concerned about drug runners from Mexico breaking into our home, stealing, hurting or kidnapping our loved ones. We had only a short time to worry about the murderous group ISIS, because President Trump had them hiding scared of what he promised to do to them. But Biden abandoned our troops and weapons to those terrorists. President Trump would not have allowed the chaos in our streets, & desolation that have taken place since liberals took the house. Prices of groceries & other items remained steady. Now inflation and unemployment are skyrocketing. Under the instigation of liberal leaders over the past couple years racial tension in our country is much stronger than it has been in decades. Our current administration as divided us racially, religiously & economically. Two years ago the trucking industry was extremely efficient. But now our own reserves are being shut down in favor of keeping Putin in power by buying his oil. Skyrocketing fuel prices have put truckers out of business, slowed down deliveries, made it hard to receive packages, and left our merchants with empty shelves & expired goods. It now cost too much to travel across the US to visit family members. I could go on, but you get the point. President Trump loves this country. The Democrats now in charge love only power & money. The build barriers around their own home & stage guards outside their mansions, while continuing to “defund” the policemen who want to protect ordinary citizens. The ignorant people have joined the “we hate trump cult” because it seems like a cool thing to do since the libs call themselves “progressive,” and people like the makes them “feel” liberated. When in fact US citizens are fast losing our God-given freedoms. Some ethnic and social groups support this movement, but they don’t realize they are losing their freedoms the same as all of us who are “in power.” I see one of two things happening: either God will turn this country around, or He will “take it down.” And either way, we will all be better off, which will suit me just fine. God bless Americal, Ukraine, and all countries. We are His people, We do NOT belong to a government.

1 Like

Well, clearly, the majority of voting Americans do not share your opinion of Trump or he would not have lost the election.

Anyway, the trial mentioned in the Opening Post is not about his Presidential record, it’s about the investigation into whether he provided misleading statements about the Trump Organisation for financial gain.

Trump may protest that this litigation against him and his business organisation has only begun because of a political witch hunt but Trump is no stranger to the Courts - he has always been litigious and been involved in dodgy dealing.
During the 30 years before Trump got involved in politics, he or his businesses have been involved in 3,500 legal cases in US Federal and State Courts.

Of the 3,500 suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150.
Trump was named in at least 169 suits in federal court.
Over 150 other cases were in the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida covering Broward County, Florida since 1983.
In the 1,300 cases where the record establishes the outcome, Trump settled 175 times, lost 38, won 450, and had another 137 cases end with some other outcome. In the other 500 cases, judges dismissed plaintiffs’ claims against Trump.

Trump is playing the martyr now, to stir up his gullible fan base, but records show that his business activities have frequently been challenged in the courts - and he has been quick to take other people to court too.

2 Likes

His followers seem to think he’s some sort of.freedom fighter.When he’s just a rich old racketeer trying to get richer.

3 Likes

Hi

I do. Not think that he has one saving grace at all.

As for his efforts against ISIS and others, that is just a joke.

2 Likes

Think you have the Presidents mixed up…its President Biden, and simply Donald Trump. He’s just a regular person now.

3 Likes

No I live in the very north of Scotland, But that doesn’t alter my opinion that I find him strange. I’m well aware that he has a lot of loyal followers but that is nothing to do with me, I don’t do politics and certainly not America’s or any other Countries. I only wish he’d keep his nose on his side of the pond and out of Scotland. You may not be aware of it but he is very unpopular here.

2 Likes

Blimey … is that a world record for an individual … :question:

1 Like

In the words of the proverbial Python gang " Donald you are a naughty naughty naughty boy - now go and sit on the naughty step!"

1.There are people (mostly democrats) who are filled with hate, lies and a thirst for blood. They’re vicious, and care not whom they harm.
2. There are people who (imperfect as all humans are,) who are amazing leaders.
3. The people in item 1, hate those in item 2 because they are a threat to the many self-serving schemes of the haters.
4. There are citizens who choose to believe what the haters say, rather than think for themselves. These people allow others to think for them. They always follow what they “think” is the majority because it feels safe, it provides some immediate appeasement or need for attention or belonging.
5. There are citizens who cling to “truth.” They seek out the truth, only believe what they have discovered through diligence, clear thinking, and willingness to sacrifice popularity for their own integrity and self-respect. These are people who look at the state of affairs and believe what they are witnessing first hand.
6. The people in item 5 are great in number, but evil is allowed to win “some” battles, because in the greatest war against mankind good is the ultimate victor.
7. You may be of the group in item 4, I am of the group in item 5.
PS: Is all of the above difficult for you to follow? I’m not surprised.
By the way, since I see and believe evidence that the election was rigged, President Trump IS my president.
But “PRESIDENT TRUMP” is my president mainly because he has been strong, courageous, honest, and did more for the American people than any president in my adult lifetime.
If all this is too much, then maybe the following will help:
Reasons to hate President Trump:
a) He believes all humans should have EQUAL rights, regardless of
color, religion or chosen life-style.
b) He would never support giving superior rights to any ethnic group, just to get votes.
c) He would never use sexual orientation as a political weapon or push for superior rites for one over the other.
d) He believes families should be allowed to teach their children about life choices, rather than have political agendas forced upon students at schools.
e) He would put an end to this widespread rioting and looting, and fight for the rights and safety of small businesses and all citizens. And he would reinstate previous consequences of violence for ALL people.
So that’s it. I’m not really into this forum anymore, so I’m going to go where I can converse with people with whom I have more in common. :smiley:

Do such colonies still exist?

It’s such a pity that you feel you need to leave. Forums are for discussion, and differences of opinion can be put forward politely, without drama. However, if you can’t tolerate people who have a difference of opinion, and and have no patience to discuss different point of view, but simply wish to converse with people who agree with you, then yes, maybe this place isn’t the best for you.

2 Likes

I agree, Pixie.
It’s just different opinions, nothing more, and nothing to fly off the handle about.

3 Likes

Yep. Someone else could have typed precisely the same as Chillyla but inserted (mostly Republicans) in point 1 and have an equally as appropriate stance/argument.

Donald.Is that you?

If he is such a man of peace why is it that his supporters are the most violent?

2 Likes

Not there’s a question to be answered. :thinking:

1 Like

Hi

I used to enjoy that in some serious cases.

Sit them down with their Solicitor and do the formal caution, you do not have to say anything etc etc.

Ask a few questions and they would not answer and just grin at you.

Then the kicker, unfortunately in this instance I have determined that this matter is one where public health and or public safety could be seriously affected.

You have met one of the few people who you are obligated to answer and failure to answer is a criminal offence for each question you fail to answer.

On the positive side what ever you say in answer to my questions cannot be used in evidence against you.

That upset the apple cart

In political discussions, folk often look for evidence that verifies their own ideas, while at the same time avoiding or ignoring contradictory evidence.
It’s called Confirmation bias.

I think it’s a blinkered attitude and I try to challenge my own thinking by also listening to folk with different ideas and challenging / debating the facts without getting personal.
Folk do not have to agree with each other to have a good debate - what’s the point of preaching to the converted anyway.
A respectful exchange of opinions and a robust challenge of statements claimed as facts is all part and parcel of a good debate, in my opinion,

Good Luck with finding a forum niche of folk who are all Trump fans, if that’s what you are looking for - there’s bound to be some sites like that if you look for them.