Donald Trump claims he won New Jersey, US golf contest with five under par

It has been quite a week for Donald Trump. Not only has he been booked at a Georgia prison and refused to take part in his party’s first presidential debate, but apparently he has rewritten the golfing record books.

The former president, 77, took to Truth Social on Saturday to boast that he had won the senior club championship at his own Bedminster golf club in New Jersey. In what would be a notable achievement for a professional golfer half his age, Trump managed a score of just 67 on the 72-par course.

Trump wrote: “I am pleased to report, for those that care, that I just won the Senior Club Championship (must be over 50 years old!) at Bedminster (Trump National Golf Club), shooting a round of 67.”

Some might see the score and assume that some hanky/lanky might have taken place.Rick Reilly, a sportswriter, wrote a book in 2019 titled Commander in Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump.

“Trump doesn’t just cheat at golf,” Reilly wrote. “He throws it, boots it, and moves it. He lies about his lies. He fudges and foozles and fluffs. At Winged Foot, where Trump is a member, the caddies got so used to seeing him kick his ball back on to the fairway they came up with a nickname for him: ‘Pele’.”

Earlier this month, the Saudi-backed LIV golf tour, which many professionals have joined on the promise of higher guaranteed incomes than on the traditional PGA Tour, played a tournament at the same course. Australian Cameron Smith eventually won the contest, with only two of his four rounds bettering Trump’s 67. Just four other players, among the world’s best, managed a round of 67 or better.

What a moron … :roll_eyes:

Who is he trying to impress?I didn’t think golf,no guns involved, looms large in the Trump States.

1 Like

you must remember he is suffering from a reknowned mental illness - psycopathy in which lies and exaggerations are very common symptom - some would even say unrecognizable by the owner?

Cure: Uncurable !!