Don’t Forget To Take Your Meter Readings Tomorrow

Eliza, Thank You for your great piece of advice. I submitted my readings after reading your post on Wednesday.
I’m so glad l did now!

My energy supplier has taken my usual amount today, I paid in the same as an extra cushion, as the credit was getting low. They have assured me that they will let me know when my monthly DDs are due to go up.

1 Like

Naturally nobody will have submitted a false meter reading so they paid more under the old lower tariffs.

1 Like

I did. :+1:

2 Likes

Suppose you could claim that you’d found a way of storing gas/elec for future usage.

1 Like

I didn’t falsify the readings to such an extent that the matter would prompt an investigation. I stayed within the boundaries of what could be justifiably claimed to be ordinary human nature, rather than outright dishonesty. :innocent:

2 Likes

Just had a request from Octopus to submit mine which I did without problems.

1 Like

If we didn’t have a smart meter which reads things for us, we’d have possibly done the same. Suspect there’ll be a fair few people who, um, ought to have gone to Specsavers when they read those displays recently!

1 Like

I’m sure all the energy companies will assume that all submitted readings have been slightly inflated.

2 Likes

Not mine! I entered the correct readings and l have a pic to prove it!
Harbaloney, I’m not called ArtANGEL for fun! :laughing:

3 Likes

Do the highways agency have a pic of that strange cable dangling from your house to a nearby streetlamp, and are they investigating why your own houselights only come on when the streetlamps do?

1 Like

I will probably have one too, at the end of next week. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You forgot to mention that l tampered with the wires in the meter and broke off a few teeth on the cog. :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah… but the dates won’t match!
Honesty is the best policy!

Honesty is probably my highest valued principle, but it somehow doesn’t seem appropriate on this occasion. So I feel bound by my second most valued principle in this instance; integrity. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I could tell you stories about meter tampering of my youf but you don’t know who is lurking ready to say “your nicked.” :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I definitely didn’t! :open_mouth:
My integrity is worth more to me than a few units of cheaper fuel.

2 Likes

Which you will have to pay for eventually anyway.

2 Likes

I have a smart meter which tells me the daily energy cost.

So far the day of the new price tariff its up to £4 all ready which is twice the normal charge.

The new increased cap on flexible tariffs has coincided with the end of my fixed rate tariff, so the increase is going to be a big jump.

The dual fuel bills I paid last year totalled £1,000 - I’ve just worked out that if I use the same amount of energy this year, at the new flexible tariff rates, it would cost me £1,800 a year.
That’s some increase!