Dogs I have known

@caricature Alfie is gorgeous. They do change your life don’t they?

1 Like

No idea what he is, defo Collie cross.

2 Likes

Yes they do.

1 Like

Do you not have one now ?

2 Likes

@Tiffany Aw Tiffany :icon_sad: doesn’t it make you feel sad looking at lost friends…
They all have such different personalities don’t they…

2 Likes

@caricature I am pleased to learn Alfie settled in so well, he looks a gentle soul and very happy. :icon_cool:

1 Like

@Meg , he his, he loves us playing hide and seek, hiding behind trees when on our walks.

1 Like

@Tiffany what lovely dogs Tiff, lovely memories of them stay with you.

1 Like

No, Brandy was our last dog. She was 16 & had a stroke so we had to have her put down, sad day.

Yes they did, in a way it does, but they all had lovely, long & happy lives & I have the photo’s, proper ones. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Pleased to hear Alfie has settled in well, Caricature… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not going to get another ?

2 Likes

No, too late now, I am too old.

1 Like

Away with you, you’ve managed new technology so a dog !!! maybe a rescue one.

1 Like

Still too old, would have got one years ago, but our lifestyle wouldn’t have been fair on a dog.

2 Likes

@Tiffany Tiff I have agonised over what to do when Chloe goes, she is almost 14.
I can’t be without a dog :icon_sad:
I have looked at old rescue dogs, there is a rescue near me who welcomes older people and I have made provision with my son to take care of my dog when I am not around he has a menagerie of children and pets all running wild .

1 Like

Fair dues.

1 Like

We spent, [or did before Covid], lots of time away from home at fairs, which is why no dog or any animals since the kids grew up. Now no rescue centre would let us have a dog as our very large garden is not dog friendly, no proper fencing on two sides & a dog could easily get out. Cost too much to fence it properly as well.

1 Like

@Tiffany
That is a shame Tiff, the rescues are so short of people to take old or ‘difficult’ dogs.

2 Likes

Such great dogs, all of them! There’ve been several labradors and retrievers in our family, and one Dalmatian - that was our first dog. What a nutter she was, but so lovable! I used to miss having a dog of our own, but have got used to it now - the last one died in 2001. Both our children have a dog, and we get to see them regularly - my daughter’s black lab spends time with us while she’s at work, so we get our dog ‘fix’ without the associated costs :wink:

2 Likes

Brandy with my daughter.

2 Likes