Dog Thieves to be Jailed for 7 Years

Seven years for the thieving B*****ds, EXCELLENT NEWS. Losing your pet when his/her time comes is bad enough but to be lost to some thief who will do god knows what to him/her is a nightmare. All the terror, worry and heartbreak will still be there but at least those doing the stealing will now pay dearly for it.

2 Likes

Hmmm usually the people who steal dogs are not ones that are intimidated bythe thought if a longev sentence

Hi

Typical Government response, a new law but no resources to implement it.

1 Like

Not before time, the thieving barstewards!

1 Like

@Rox

It’s tag-changing time - do you want to have a go or do you want me to change them … :question:

:smiley:

Oh Lordie, don’t confuse me even more than I already am. :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

1 Like

Are you a TL3/Mod now Roxy … congratulations.

ETA Sorry for going off-topic.

Well, it’s a step in the right direction I suppose.
Could be jailed for 7 years.
Might end up serving only 3 years.
Let’s wait and see what actually happens.
More importantly, will it also apply to CAT THIEVES?

1 Like

OK I’ve changed them … :023:

If you click this in the first post:

You will see this (without the arrows)

Click ‘X’ next to History to exit

1 Like

I could do with an Animal Rights legal whizz kid to explain something to me here.

Is there currently anything like this to punish those found guilty of animal cruelty ?
Some of the maltreatment you hear of sounds far more horrendous than just dognapping, upsetting as that maybe.
It’s just that you normally hear that the RSPCA has had to take out an action themselves, as it’s not automatically a criminal offence to abuse an animal

1 Like

EH? WHAT? NO, no a thousand times no thank you… :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

1 Like

I’m certainly no expert, but I’d be surprised if there are any set criminal offences for such things. There’s little enough punishment for abusing humans. Poor animals don’t have a chance!

@Rox LOL

Good post