Dog sitter negligence

It’s very upsetting to hear about that, i didn’t read it but I believe that someone shouldn’t have a pet if they can’t look after it themselves. We’ve never been on holiday and we always think of our dogs first.

2 Likes

You can go on holiday with a dog we do ,loads of people do .
We take him to Spain with us he went to the Dales with us last week he even came down the Blue John Mine with us !

A little harsh and unfair.
The dog was left so that he could get used to staying there ahead of a two-week holiday in Jamaica later this year. It was also cruel, for the recommended dog sitter to just ring, the least she could have done was go to the owner’s address and explain. Guilty conscience, maybe.

I would have thought to continue as a pet sitter, this lady would be anxious for people to hear her explanation.

Yes, you are right Muddy.
Lots of places accept dogs now, although lots of beaches don’t.
Dogs Trust have loads of nice holiday cottages, and the money they charge goes to their rescue animals too. Here’s a link incase anyone might be interested:

https://www.dogstrustholidays.co.uk/

My main trouble is, that I would never be able to drive hundreds of miles on my own to get there. Summer would be over long before I found my way anywhere! :grinning:

1 Like

I’d happily drive to the cottages, but Holly wouldn’t like it. For a few years she has become a very bad traveller. Tries to scrabble free and whinges. I swear it was because my sister braked hard a few years ago, causing the dog to fall into the back footwell (yes, she was strapped in). That’s my sister for you!! (I believe we came up here for the day for sis to collect her keys for the house she had bought.)

If she’s only small get her a travelling bag or cage .

Tried that. The cage is now in my spare bedroom.