Does Your Mobile Phone Have A Magnifier?

Today, l discovered my iPhone has a magnifier that you use as a magnifying glass.

It was only by chance when l called into my local Tesco mobile shop that l discovered that my phone has a magnifier that l will find so useful. Especially for small print on groceries

Has your mobile phone got a Magnifier? If so, do you use it much?

1 Like

Another iPhone user here, so yes, I do have a magnifier, which I use a great deal. Very handy when trying to read the minuscule etching on the side of sewing machine needles, to identify their size, for example! You can hold the phone over whatever it is you want magnified, tap the photo button. This freezes the subject, like taking a temporary photo. You can then zoom in and out at will.

1 Like

question is do I have a mobile phone? no I don’t. Why does everyone “assume” we all have mobile phones?

1 Like

I think nearly all mobiles can achieve this simply by putting it in camera mode and slowly moving the phone in or out over the subject.

2 Likes

I wish l’d known before.
You could’ve started a thread on it :laughing: to inform all those that haven’t discovered these little useful extras!

1 Like

Haven’t your two cocoa tins attached with string, got the magnifier option?

Who assumed you have a mobile phone?

Perhaps you should buy one then you could knock out videos like your fellow Youtube content producers without carrying around kgs of expensive camera equipment.

Thanks for this tip

Haha! There are probably other features on my iPhone that I don’t know about! Classic case of you don’t know what you don’t know.

Well i have learnt something today,just had a go with the camera on my mobile and it worked a treat.
Thanks for the thumbs up Artangel.

Yes, I find the magnifier useful too - I don’t know how printers manage to print such small letters on labels and instructions but they are sometimes difficult to read, even when I’m using my reading specs - so my iPhone magnifier comes in handy for that.

The other gadget I find useful sometimes is the “Measure” - on my phone, it’s in the same group of tools as the Magnifier.
I’m terrible at guessing lengths by eye, so I find that measure is a handy guide when I’m out shopping and don’t have a tape measure handy.

I even used the Compass on my phone last week, for the 1st time!
My sis and I got lost - we had wandered off the footpath and couldn’t find our bearings. My sis said she wished we’d brought a Compass - I suddenly realised we both had a Compass on our mobile phones - I can’t say it helped us that much but we did find our way back to the hotel eventually!