Does anyone here like nice jewellery?

I would imagine they would take it out when they eat, Baz, I never knew it was a sign of beauty, I must research that.

I think in some tribes woman have to remain silent…oops going off topic.

The answer is to be found here:

Imagine trying to clean your teeth every day! :frowning_face: :grinning:

Maybe that’s where the saying “that’s enough of your lip” came from? :thinking:

2 Likes

Having nice jewelry runs in our family. My mom was always passing along her diamond rings, earrings and such to me before she passed. Her tastes ran to several stones in a setting, a pave’ suited her.
I prefer a single stone, not so much bling to it. I’m more of a classic gal with jewelry. But even going out in shorts to the stores, I have to have my hoop earrings on, a watch and ring on each hand, or I don’t feel completely dressed. I do love my jewelry. White gold and yellow gold equally as much.

2 Likes

Do you think they can?
How could it shrink back?
To me it looks pretty permanent… the same as little Japanese girls feet were bound to keep them small and beautiful.
Cultures can engage in some odd practices in a bid enhance their beauty.

Thanks for that Baz, it looks really interesting reading,:+1:… you are thoughtful,:+1:

1 Like

I was thinking that about the different cultures, so very interesting, …I must read what Baz posted…

This is my SWAROVSKI…necklace and earrings.

Any pictures RN?..:grin:

So they take it out to eat, and when they go to bed and when in private in their home,… thank god we in the West don’t have to go to those lengths to look attractive.
A big bank account usually does the trick.

2 Likes

Morti, they would surely have that lower lip that has been stretched, hanging right down, I suppose they would get used to it.

I wonder what age they start the lower lip stretching, ?

I guess it’s jewellery to them. Are we off topic?

No idea. It’s your thread. Do you think we are?

Yes. Upon reflection … I guess we probably are.

1 Like

I think it’s jewellery to them.

So am learning about different cultures and what they deem as jewellery.

So no, I don’t think we are off topic.

It’s tribe jewellery Morti, just looked it up.

Jewellery has never bothered me and I own and wear very little. There have always been more pressing things to spend money on.
My (second hand) wedding ring went years ago when it got too tight so I cut it off.

The only thing I wear on a regular basis is a polished ammonite set in silver and worn on a black leather band.

2 Likes

Well that’s certainly a little different… and unusual.

1 Like

My son bought me this necklace and earrings.

I wear this most of the time, plus my wedding ring, my late Mother’s wedding ring, same finger & a plaited keeper ring that was my Grandmother’s on my right hand.

horse1

2 Likes

That looks lovely Tiff and so unusual,:heartpulse:

It’s the Uffington white horse. It was made for the store that sells Terry Pratchett merchandise as written about in his books about Tiffany Aching. I had to buy one. :grinning:

1 Like

I can see it’s quality…really lovely.:heartpulse: