Does anyone else find this worrying?

Food container film comes under the heading “squashable plastic” here at ruthio towers, my daughter says if it squashes in your hands e.g. bread bags, collect a bagful and next time you’re in Sainsbury’s (other sm too?) you post it into the special box for recycled soft plastic. Job done :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

Our bread bags are used for collecting up film, used teabags, apple cores, banana skins, etc then put in the brown waste bin for someone else to sort.

The council have very recently provided a small bin specifically for batteries, that’s why I ticked the anything else box.

Our local supermarkets have boxes especially for recycling spent batteries. That’s where all of ours go.

1 Like

Do you mean they have provided a centrally located bin for people to put their old batteries in?

Around here, I find battery recycling bins most shops that sell batteries - supermarkets and DIY / hardware / homeward shops.

We live in a block of six flats, we have a communal area to hang up washing, it’s also where the rubbish and recycling bins are kept. A couple of weeks ago I spotted a small green lidded bin specifically for batteries.

I was pleasantly surprised, usually councils seem to be cutting back, not in this case.

1 Like

That’s where we used to take ours .

1 Like

Ours do that too - and they have one for used printer ink cartridges as well.

I wish ours had one for cartridges. I’ve a box of about 20 empty ones sitting in the corner of my office waiting until I can find a suitable recycling point.

Ironic that we recycle things by putting them inside plastic boxes isn’t it?! :joy:

1 Like

It is indeed but I suppose that we have to start somewhere, plastic certainly isn’t going to be phased out entirely, not in my life time anyway.

Here’s another angle, if we can recycle the small offending plastic items and keep them away from wildlife, woodland, beaches etc then perhaps we can be a tad forgiving when it comes to using plastic recycling bins?

Flog 'em on eBay. There is a market.