Doctors surgeries getting worse

Yes they can be good if you find a good one, they don’t practice the same technique. I went to see one who was brilliant, went to see another in the same practice and made things worse.
At the same practice hubby used to see one and was good but he retired and another one was alright but different.

Unfortunately there is a big difference. This is mainly because the number of patients per surgery/GP varies hugely around the country.

I live in rural Dorset and getting an appointment isn’t a problem. Sadly I have a number of health issues which involve seeing nurse practitioners. I need blood tests and B12 injections every 3 months.

I had a meds review last week with one of the pharmacists. I was very impressed, there really is no need to see a GP for this or lots of other issues, especially routine things. I talk about my blood test results on the phone with my diabetic nurse, no need to take up a GPs time. I can see the results online as well.

Is this all results not just blood, what about if you needed a CT scan or something, could you see these results and if so what portal to you have to use to view the results?

Hi

I had a head injury last year and got taken to A & E in an ambulance. They did a CT scan and a week or so later all the letters and test results appeared online. I could see everything apart from the actual picture of the CT scan. I don’t know if that was a conscious decision not to show patients the pictures or a software issue.

All the results can be seen on Systmonline *. which is the national database for patients to see results and book appointments etc. It is arranged through your surgery.

*this is the correct spelling

Hope this helps

Murphybear