Do you watch TV in the background? Which shows?

I was talking to someone who said they watch TV in the background while scrolling through posts. That person doesn’t watch live TV, so the shows aren’t just what is on live.

I think I might be distracted by TV playing in the background, but I’m thinking of giving it a go.

Do you watch TV in the background? What’s playing when you do?

Yes i watch TV whilst on this forum and in general,like writing letters or cards.
We women can multi task, :grinning:

1 Like

Yes often have the TV on in the background while on this forum .
like now it’s Endeavour… dont know what heck is going on .

1 Like

This is the part I was curious about. Will you be watching it again or just pick up the parts that catch your attention?

I was thinking of putting a show I’ve already seen like Star Trek on auto play. That way, I won’t feel like I’m missing anything. I’ve watched that show enough to have memorized some of the lines. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

No , but I’m quite selective about TV and don’t watch very much of it. Consequently I’m engaged with the programme that I’m watching… anything else can usually wait.

1 Like

Hi butterscotch
I shall watch it again on ITVX catch up …
It will probably take several replays :joy:

1 Like

My mum used to like the TV on for “company” even though she wasn’t watching it

We tend to watch specific programs we want to see, rather than general watching and turn it off in between.

I don’t watch daytime TV, other than Sky news at breakfast and lunchtime, but yes, I might do a bit internet stuff with that on in the background

1 Like

There are very few programmes worth watching these days, maybe one or two in a week, but I mostly watch a subscription channel such as Paramount+ and Amazon Prime.

Our telly is on most of the time, if no one is really watching it, as it’s just ‘background’ which I may glance at from time to time as I’m doing other stuff. Either that, I would have a radio on.

2 Likes

Never.

1 Like

Radio is the best for background. There’s a feeling of intimacy that you don’t get from the idiot box.

2 Likes

University Challenge…easy to listen and scroll.
Or play a few rounds of Words with Friends.

1 Like