Do you watch much television?

What are your favorite programs ? Soaps, Cookery, Sewing ?
I usually watch New lives in the sun, Ben Fogle and stuff like that

2 Likes

I enjoy crime drama on TV, I also enjoy reading crime novels. My late husband used to say that I could probably commit the perfect murder!

4 Likes

F1 racing and not a lot else.

2 Likes

My favourite is Detective Crime Series, especially the ones with a bit of fantasy and supernatural, like Grimm and The Dresden Files.

2 Likes

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< about this much >>>>>>>>>>>>>> :100:

2 Likes

ost of the programs on TV just are not watching in my opinion so apart from the news I hardly watch TV now. So watch now internet stories on youtube
Such as

or americans first thoughts on coming to the UK. genuine people not some put
up ideas to promote

1 Like

Not these days.Perhaps an old film on a wet Sunday PM :grinning:

2 Likes

Never during the daytime, too much to do. Night time is game shows, crime shows.
Or news, news, and Congressional goings on.

2 Likes

I have sky, mainly for f1, I do watch a lot of mystery type programmes, skinwalker ranch, curse of oak island ect,

2 Likes

Hardly any. Just don’t seem to have neither the time or inclination to waste my time in front of the box. If I do, it tends to be films, maybe a quiz show and possibly a documentary - and mostly on a paid channel, such as Netflix or Prime.

2 Likes

I used to, but not anymore. I only watch Netflix and Prime films and tv series. At mealtimes the news is on and one programme I do like watching is Bake Off.

2 Likes

I really don’t think I’ve watched TV at all for about three years! Not because of making a concerted effort to avoid it, rather just drifting away. It’s more about DVD’s films on Amazon Fire stick, Amazon audible books reading and music.

2 Likes

Yes, I do love my telly. Unfortunately I face a crucial decision. My Sky+hd box is very old and keeps failing. I have to reboot it too often (switch it on to see no signal), sometimes it fails to record, or has interrupted recording, and during the NTAs it really had a meltdown. I am torn between cancelling the subscription and buying a Manhattan Freesat box…or biting the bullet and phoning Sky to discuss Q subscription. And there is my dilemma. I have Freesat in my bedroom from the same dish. Going to Q would mean needing a hybrid LNB, which Sky or their operatives are usually reluctant to install. Using a local firm would mean adding to the cost.

No way do I want to stream my viewing, until such time Freeview/freesat is switched off. By that time I might be gone or not bothered anymore.

I have Netflix and prime. Most times there are not enough hours in the day for me to enjoy telly so much. I love Emmerdale, Corrie and Casualty. And a good drama series. Usually there are several on at the same time and my box might struggle to record one. Yes I sometimes have Bake Off on, As Time Goes By, maybe LOTSW, Ever Decreasing Circles for a bit of gentle humour.

1 Like

I watch Prime but don’t have Netflix, although I signed on once to watch Life with the Fury’s

I’ve just started watching Wheel of Fortune with Graham Norton, he’s one of my favorites

3 Likes

Love Graham Norton.

I watch TV in the evenings, but then i also do other things like reading, crochet, listening to music etc.
Legal dramas are my favourite - just finished a four parter called The Jury on channel 4 which i recorded recently, and a couple of months ago, binge watched The Split starring Nicola Walker.

I tend to watch more if not feeling well - that’s my excuse anyway. :+1:

2 Likes

We just watch terrestrial TV on a smart telly that’s not smart.
We have a ‘Humax’ box for recording stuff for Mrs Fox, like Blue Bloods or Coronation Street.
I like most things Antiques, ‘Antiques Roadshow’ Antiques Road trip’ or ‘The Yorkshire Auction House’ with Angus.
I never miss Coronation Street, and I record the highlights of F1. I pay my licence but will never buy subscription TV.
I also like to watch ‘Midsomer Murders’ ‘Canal Boat Diaries’ ‘Bangers and Cash’ and some other classic car programs.
I also watch ‘The Chase’ and ‘Millionaire’
The odd film but they are usually too late for me.
I don’t like to waste time watching telly in the day.
I’m easily satisfied, and when I’m tired (which is often) I’ll watch whatever is on at the time, I can always find something of interest.

2 Likes

None, its rubbish, watch lots of youtube and deliberate, who is going to get my subscription and likes :icon_wink:

1 Like