Do you watch cartoons or anime?

No, didn’t watch cartoons much as a child, and don’t watch them now. The anime doesn’t hold my interest either.
Guess I am a realist gal. Show me a real face, real eyes, real expressions and then you have me at hello. :blush:
I am partial to emojis, though.

I can’t comment on anime, as I’ve never watched any. Like a lot if kids, I was bought up on a diet of Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Roadrunner and all the others. These days, cartoons like this are considered too politically incorrect, stereotyping and offensive for today’s audience, although I have never met anyone who has been somehow traumatised by cartoon antics . This is why cartoons today are lame and unwatchable.

2 Likes

I loved cartoons as a child, road runner was so funny but wasn’t he evil lol. Flintstones was another favourite. I dont watch them now but I like animated films, frozen, beauty and the beast, tangled and others. Polar express is my favourite Christmas animation, if you haven’t seen it I recommend it.

This is so very true on all counts. I loved the old cartoons growing up, and enjoyed the Saturday morning ones with the kids as they grew up too. I just remember them with fondness now and sad that that so many kids programmes are sanitised beyond help :frowning:

1 Like

I used to love watching cartoons with my children when they were young and listening to them laughing.

I don’t like ‘todays’ cartoons though, I find nothing appealing in them for young children and there is nothing they can learn from them.

There again, times have changed, we are in different era :worried:

There is a lot of Anime on Netflix here in Canada. I also have a lot of DVD’s and blue ray of anime’s… I purchased before the streaming services came to be, like most folks did…

1 Like

While yes, anime is technically a 'type" cartoon, it is not Bugs Bunny or even Justice League. It is a genre more for teens and adults. The stories can be rich and complex. They pull you in and keep you hooked.

1 Like