Do you video call your friends and relatives?

On YouTube, especially during the pandemic, I’ve seen a lot of people video calling their relatives on Skype or Zoom or FaceTime or a similar app.

But those people are already on YouTube, so they’re used to sitting in front of a camera.

I’m wondering if this is pretty common.

Do you video call your friends and relatives?

2 Likes

Occasionally, but not generally. I prefer not to use video calling, but others who call me, like to.

1 Like

Use it most days to chat to grandkids,the advantage being I can see what project, homework that they are doing and that they want to share.

1 Like

No i never have,but i am going to look into it.

1 Like

Yep…on WhatsApp :+1:

1 Like

I mostly use Facebook.

1 Like

I used to use Skype, then Zoom for group calls and FaceTime for personal chats.
I still use FaceTime for one particular friend but I tend to mostly use WhatsApp now for both voice calls and video calls to other close friends and family, sometimes switching between the two.

I never videocall anyone unannounced - I would use WhatsApp voice call first (in case they are having a bad hair day or not fully dressed etc!)
We sometimes switch to WhatsApp video call during the call if it’s convenient for us both.
I like the way you can switch between voice and video on the same call - and I get a better signal on WhatsApp via my Wi-Fi than if I’m telephoning using my mobile signal.

1 Like

Yes FaceTime :wink:

1 Like

I used Zoom a fair bit during the lockdowns. My son still makes video calls on Whatsapp quite regularly when he is with the grandkids.

The advantage of Zoom calls was that it was on my desktop computer using my web cam and green screen whereas Whatsapp calls are on my phone, I hate the vertical screen (though it is possibly more practical)

Only twice through video chat from Skype. As I was in my Vankyo tablet the viewers didn’t see much of me but the sound was great.

Would love to do it again with new friends on my Skype account as it’s free a huge plus.

Yes, I video call on WhatsApp most of the time.
I prefer eyeball to eyeball since text can be misconstrued.

1 Like