Do you think you'll be able?

What a good daughter you are LQ .

Hi

I thought about buying a bungalow but all
the neighbours were old people.

3 Likes

Hopefully not drug dealers though :slight_smile:

That can be good.
At lest you don’t get noise, loud music, all night parties, cars coming and going half the night – and as Muddy said ^ No drug dealers!

Best of all to me, is no stairs. Much easier to hoover and clean all on one level, as well.
I would never go back to a house again.

Hi

It was my attempt at humour

Secondly, you have no control who will move in next door.

Many houses are now bought to rent and there are many landlords who will take anybody.

I agree. But that applies wherever we live, not just because we choose a bungalow. Your neighbours are a prime example from what you’ve said, and that is why I said you would be less likely to get trouble in an area where neighbours might be a bit older.
I much prefer everything on one level myself, cant be bothered with stairs anymore, having lived in bungalows for around 20 years now.

I live in a bungalow but I like stairs so a dormer would have suited me .
I don’t like my neighbour he’s not old still working why he chose to move into a bungalow with all his extended family and many vehicles I don’t know .

Actually I’m not keen on neighbours as a whole but there you are :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Circumstances differ in coming to decisions .
I think people like myself have already taken the decision to downsize. I was left by a fickle husband many years ago but thankfully sold our home which he let me keep to the first couple who came to view.
I had already been forward thinking when I used to pass new flats being built with sought after views for the local authority when I walked my dog and put our names on the waiting list thinking one day we might not be able to do stairs. I didn’t at the time have a crystal ball but I do now …yes really I do … given to me by a travelling gypsy . :smiley:
It came to pass that I was sleeping on a mattress on the lounge floor , couldn’t get upstairs due to a prolapsed disc . You have to be man about the house when your partner is no more . I had a solid fuel burner and open fire to clean out and fuel to be brought in from the outside place Backs eventually suffer and give in .
When one of the flats came empty I put the house up for sale and applied . Got it!
Tragedy followed and I was left childless .
My will was made and eventually a funeral plan made and paid in full .
What remains now ? Cataracts to be seen to . Spine cannot be operated on unless I become doubly incontinent . Both hips cause me either intense pain or discomfort with restricted mobility . Like the now severe arthritis in the spine.
My flat suits me but I can’t have a mobility scooter ,nowhere to keep it.
So what options are left ? None . I will have to carry on as I am doing until I cannot .
Whoever thinks I’ve not been thinking positively needs to hold fire before telling me what I should be doing !

Believe it or not we up sized our house about three years ago. I retired at 70 and moved after that to our current house. Part of that was to move closer to our kids and grandkids. The grand kids stay with us a few tines a year for a week at a time.

DVD of Cocoon has landed on doormat. Will watch sometime over next few days.

Gosh, Zuleiker. That must be really tough.
Sending lots of love and healing to you. :hugs:

Another member has posted if you can’t lie still on your back for 20 minutes you’re not suitable for cataract surgery :worried:

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it .The was a sequel The Return but I never saw that .
Not sure why but I do seem to like films about the older end of society .

Best Marigold Hotel was another I enjoyed but they were all pretty fit people .

I’ll watch it, convert it to a digital file and shove it on an sd card along with my other movies, and offer it to anyone on here who wants it.

Take no notice. You won’t be the first person with back problems ever to need their cataracts done. They will know what to do.

1 Like

I said no such thing as You can see! There must be other ways to get this op’ done,but I didn’t ask because I had no need to.

I was asked if I was able to lie flat on My back without moving a muscle for around 20 min’s,I was able to reassure Them I could (I’ve been practising at Home)
If You can’t They will probably suggest a general anaesthetic.

2 Likes

I never said it was you who told me ?
I’m doubtful anyone can lie on their back for 20 minutes without moving a muscle ,you’d have to be totally rigid . Muscles move when you breathe .

I know it might not be many minutes but I can’t lie flat on my back due to injury . Sometimes my body will jerk involuntary,

I was the Member who replied to the above post so it was Me You meant,
I’ll also mention it’s not possible to lie still for 20 min’s without moving a muscle to My Doc’ when I go for My op…I’ll let You know what She says!

1 Like

Deleted

It might be worth mentioning here that if you can’t manage your personal care you could put in a claim for non means tested Attendance Allowance .

Am I eligible to claim Attendance Allowance?

You can claim Attendance Allowance if you meet all the following criteria:

• You’re over State Pension age (if you haven’t reached it, you may be eligible for Personal Independence Payment instead).
  • You have any type of disability or illness, including sight or hearing impairments, or mental health issues such as dementia.
  • You could benefit from help with personal care, such as getting washed or dressed, or supervision to keep you safe during the day or night.
  • You have needed help for at least 6 months. If you’re terminally ill you can make a c
1 Like