Do you think we will be watching more ladies football & rugby?

I have been interested in how well the England ladies have been playing in both football & rugby international games.
I am a keen rugby fan & still enjoy the men’s rugby too, but only tend to watch men’s football international games, so I have a question for you all.
Do you think that the huge sums that are paid to top football players makes them more interested in the rich lifestyle than the game?

I ask because I am afraid that men’s rugby may go in the same direction & I wonder if Ladies football & rugby will become the more regular sport shown in TV. I have to say the lady England players, of both games, remind me of the exciting games the men used to play back in the 60’s & 70’s.

1 Like

I, too, am a fan of both Rugby and Football, albeit entirely through my TV these days. But since the women’s Euro’s I have become a fan of the women’s game in both genres. Though to be honest, it is mainly the Internationals that I watch, I don’t have a dedicated sport package, so am limited to what is shown on the normal TV channels. I am convinced however that the women’s game will go from strength to strength. It’s a more honest game they play.

Not I. I don’t either of them. The only sport I watch is F1.

Nope, not me. I loathe watching sport. :tv: :eyes:

I agree with you. I spent a lot of my life watching rugby matches & even became a first aid for a local team, but now I just watch it on TV.
I used to watch foolball , on TV, with my dad when he was alive, but when the men started to behave like pop stars rather than players, I lost interest. That is why I wondered if too much money changed the player’s attitude.
I always think that dedication to their game, rather than the wealth it supplies, makes players better and I am scared that rugby players may go the same way…but watching the ladies is currently a pleasure!

1 Like

I am not a sports fan but if I had to watch soccer it would definitely be the women playing, they are just better at it and don’t get so hysterical in the goal area.

My daughter played soccer so I used to take her to matches when she was younger and would occasionally watch her play in Canberra but these days her only sport is Judo (or a variation thereof) and four wheel drive competitions - neither are spectator sports.

Her younger brother played Footie (rugby league) so Saturday mornings were a logistic nightmare getting them to their various games.

There’s something rather appealing watching men racing around in short shorts . :mini:

1 Like

I hate football and as for Rugby they have funny shaped balls to play with

I’m a football fan, used to go to matches every week in my younger days, also travelled by coach to away matches.

I prefer watching men matches to women’s matches.

1 Like

Nothing appealing about getting knocked out of the first round of the FA cup… shorts or not!

Better luck next time. :trophy:

1 Like

Thank you Ripple we’ll do it, heads held high!

1 Like

It may fizzle out, maybe, in some ways the blokes stuff was pointless but Hey-Ho.

The WAFL (Women’s Aussie Rules Football) has set the pace with the top teams going professional…

1 Like

I love watching women’s rugby. When I was at high school, I played soccer and even was the captain of the First XI but it was about then that TV close ups showed that the higher level players were using the “Hollywood” method of trying to get sympathy, like they were in agony when they hadn’t even been touched. I lost interest and began to follow rugby and the women’s game is a great addition to the sport. Those girls are tough as old boots.

Case in point. England Women Rugby league game last night, Excellent. Some of those ladies hit hard, man, Very entertaining.

1 Like

I’ve been to womens rugby and cricket matches and have been watching the current rugby world cups avidly.
Tomorrows Union Final could be a corker.
I urge folk to watch more womens sport if you don’t already.
It’s a high standard.

1 Like