Do You Think That Burying The Dead Is A Waste Of Space?

Don’t worry about it. :slightly_smiling_face: I’m just plain weird.

l saw my mother in the undertakers after she died and whoever was in that coffin wasn’t remotely like my mother, a petite pretty lady. Instead, all l saw was Tommy Trinder!
It was a body with no soul… just a shell.

1 Like

When I die I would like two choices. First is if by body can be donated to science. The other is just to junk it in the skip.

1 Like

Someone once said, funerals are for the living and not the dead…

1 Like

What day do your binmen come round? You might be able to hitch a ride!!

I believe this is true…it’s for the remaining friends and family to say goodbye and send the deceased on their way.

When I worked in the lawyers, some funeral requests in the Wills were an eye opener.

1 Like

That would be a positive thing!

1 Like

I am sure that there are rules as to what can be put in wheelie bins !

There are rules on the scattering of ashes.

Which are often disregarded.

I watched The Way last night, about a man walking the Pilgrims walk in Spain with his son’s ashes. He dropped some off randomly all along the route in honour of his son. Great movie, made me cry at times. But yes…ashes, I would scatter them anywhere the person wanted, never mind the “rules”.

I’m a fan of this under-rated film, starring Martin Sheen. Its based on a true story and he does indeed place handfuls of his son’s ashes along the pilgrim route from France to Santiago de Compostela. Lovely poignant film. With great lines, mainly from the dutch character “if it ain’t dutch, it ain’t much”.

No it’s not a waste of space.

Random Scatterers probably fall into the category as None Poop Scoopers. :icon_wink: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I always poop my the dogs scoop, I’ll have you know! :joy:

I suppose many of you know we walk Ozzie every day. He is a pooing machine. His owner is not very strict with his diet. We need several poo bags for him every day.,…:frowning:

1 Like

Well, better out than in, I suppose :woman_shrugging: :poop:

Have you seen the prices of skips these days?

Cheaper than a funeral I imagine!

1 Like

True, especially if you use someone else’s.