Do You Think That Burying The Dead Is A Waste Of Space?

Laws change

Yes but we wonā€™t be around then to worry about them
My plot is bought already it has now only 65 years to run .in sixty five years I will be dead all those who I have loved will be dead my grandchildren if they are still alive will be old .
What do I care .

1 Like

Sooner or later, graveyards (and, sometimes, churchyards) must be moved, and they are moved. Many years ago, it was said that, when the teams were moving the coffins (even though they were falling apart), they found severe scratch marks on the inside of the coffin lids. It was estimated that around 12% of the people in the coffins woke up, clearly not dead, and tried to claw their ways out of their coffiens, and graves.

Poor families couldnā€™t afford embalming (a guranteed killer), so the bodies were just put aside, then put in coffins, then buried. Not all were dead, clearly! :ghost:

Best have it tattooed on your chest then make sure Iā€™m dead !

In such circumstance, one would feel the relativity of time. :crazy_face:

1 Like

That must be horrific, I would imagine your mind would go mad. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth::astonished:

In the early 19th century several gadgets were invented to try to prevent this from happening:

I wonder whether any of them worked? It would be quite eerie walking through a graveyard at night to hear a bell ringing from a grave!

Listen, apart from certain faiths, it takes may be three weeks to get actually buried nowadays, you would have starved to death by then. :laughing: :coffin:

1 Like

gettin dead is easy its stayin alived that hurts!

Yep, just ask the Bee Gees about that.

1 Like

Ouch.

I think you may have misunderstood Rox

Maybe, I was thinking about all the brothers except Barry being dead.

How jolly!
Maybe itā€™ll catch on?

1 Like

I feel a Frankenstein movie coming on.

1 Like

Edgar Allen Poe, Vincent Price and Roger Corman.
What a combination!
The fall of The House of Usher.

1 Like

I loved them stayin a live pity they faded away - great music of the wot 80ā€™s made you feel alive!!

Arenā€™t we all living on land full of corpses?
What happened to the dead years and years ago?
Only the rich and noble had proper graves.

1 Like

Oh wellā€¦Iā€™m here ,so I may as well join in :smiley:
I donā€™t think there will be enough land left in the future to continue having graveyards to bury Folkā€¦soā€¦it will have to be cremationā€¦that;s what I have chosenā€¦all bought n paid forā€¦Iā€™ve made sure Iā€™ll really be dead be being laid in the Chapel of rest in an open coffin,and told My Clan to tickle My toes to make sure :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
We were discussing what music should be playedā€¦I suggested.ā€˜Burn Baby Burnā€™ā€¦orā€¦ā€˜Knock knock knockin on Heavens doorā€™ā€¦which My Son/SIL thought was appropriate :rofl:ā€¦but My Daughters were not amusedā€¦oh wellā€¦We agreed on ā€˜caledoniaā€™ in the end,

1 Like

Well May ā€¦ itā€™s probably already been mentioned (as Iā€™m not reading back over 59 posts to find out as life is too short) ā€¦ but Iā€™m warming to the idea of human composting
In 4 to 6 weeks I could be turned into two wheelbarrows of compost ā€¦ who knows ā€¦ I could get to appear on Gardeners World. Iā€™ve always hankered after my elusive moment of fame.