Do you think coffee is addictive?

I almost always have one coffee a day. Some days I do not partake.
There is no overwhelming, “addictive” need to have another.
I function normally on days that I do not have a coffee.
Addictive? Not to me

2 Likes

I don’t think I have ever experienced a day without tea and coffee, I don’t care if I am addicted (though I don’t think I am)

2 Likes

I’m not addicted, but the wife knows not to mess with me until I’ve had my first morning coffee (preferably with a chocolate biscuit).

2 Likes

Relating to another thread about constipation.A strong black coffee in the AM helps keep things on the move.

2 Likes

Yes…which is why I stopped drinking it.
Some folk can’t function without it….

3 Likes

No, coffee isn’t addictive, but the habit of enjoying your hot cup first thing in the morning may be.
Routines can become addictive.
I enjoy my coffee any time of day. Do I need it?
I think for my well being and pleasure, yes.:blush::+1:

4 Likes

Spot on Pam!
There’s no way I’m addicted to caffeine but my three cups of coffee in the morning are a must and indeed a pleasure. The second one is steeping in the French press as I type, time to get up off my bum and pour :coffee::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Who’s Pam?

I have noticed that if i drink tea it makes me wee more. I went to see my friends and i always have coffee but in the evening i just don’t go to the loo very much.

1 Like

Pam is who I responded to Logan :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s probably not quite as straightforward as this but I vaguely remember reading that a cup of coffee contains a similar amount of caffeine to a cup of tea. No doubt there are variables but I’m still sticking with my coffee.

I’ll let my hair down and go for the occasional cup of Earl Grey… with lemon of course :lemon: :+1:

2 Likes

Be careful with coffee if you’ve had your gall bladder removed

It speeds up the production of stomach acid and makes your stomach empty faster Without the same amount of bile in your stomach that your gall bladder used to make to neutralise it, it can cause tummy problems

I don’t think coffee or caffeine are exactly addictive but you do get accustomed to the little lift it gives you, so you miss it if you stop

3 Likes

I need coffee all day, do stop drinking it before 8 p.m. though as I need to sleep at night.

2 Likes

Sorry that was a mistake. Chilliboot

I’m just curious who Pam is.

2 Likes

No worries… I’m constantly bewildered and confused :crazy_face:
I’m not suggesting that you are too I hasten to add :wink:

2 Likes